Question Surfaces in scene do not look the same in a subscene

SlimerJSpud

Reactions
I'm trying to use the TESV NordsHome in some other scenes, but I'm having a problem with the appearance of the surfaces. The original scene is all separate atoms. In order to apply that great environment to scenes that already have posed characters, with timelines, etc. what I'd like to do is put all the individual atoms from the NordsHome into a subscene, then load that into some other scene so I can move the env to match the people, not the other way around. The problem is, the surfaces do not look the same when I load the subscene. Even if I start with an empty scene, the surfaces that are supposed to be fur, bedspreads, cloth are all glossy like they were made of plastic, if I load the subscene. Screenshots follow. The shiny one is the subscene. The atoms in the subscene appear to load with the Vamifier plugin set, but either it's not working, or I'm missing something else.

1692132906GOOD.jpg

1692133137BAD.jpg

Does the original have vamifier on each asset? It may be taking the settings from one and applying the same it to all in the subscene. Try removing the vamifier plugins before you save the subscene, then reapply them and save again.

Upvote 0
Does the original have vamifier on each asset? It may be taking the settings from one and applying the same it to all in the subscene. Try removing the vamifier plugins before you save the subscene, then reapply them and save again.
There's a lot of assets to do that to. An asset preset doesn't seem to save the Vamifier settings. One thing I did which does work is to parent all the individual atoms to an Empty, then save a scene. They move around OK, but there's another problem. The Flame light in the fireplace is using IdlePoser to make the light dance around. It seems to be stuck on world coordinates. I tried to change that, but it seems to have a start point that's still absolute. CycleForce and the dub.force plugin seem to have no effect on lights.

Upvote 0
Correction: Parenting all atoms to an Empty and saving the scene does not fix the surfaces. It looks just like the subscene version. this is a head scratcher.

I did find a simple way to make a light dance around its own origin. Create a sphere primitive, add 2 copies of dub.force to it for X and Z, parent the light to the sphere, and hide the material on the sphere.

Upvote 0
It doesn't matter if I move them or not. I even tried flushing my cache to see if the tool was getting confused by having the bad version cached. No help.

If I load up the original scene and disable one of the Vamifier plugins, it doesn't make that big of a difference in the appearance in the original scene. Disabling it doesn't make it look like the bad one.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom