Subsurface Scattering Skin & Better Soft Shadows (Out Of Beta)

Paid Plugins Subsurface Scattering Skin & Better Soft Shadows (Out Of Beta)

Hunting-Succubus

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Website
www.patreon.com
Patreon
HunTingSuccuBus
Hunting-Succubus submitted a new resource:

Subsurface Scattering Skin Beta - This Plugin add Subsurface Scattering to Skin.

View attachment 62419
Video Preview
This Plugin add Subsurface Scattering to Skin.
requires at least one Directional Light to function and its only affected by directional light.
Currently in Beta State. Tested in Desktop mode. VR not tested but should work.
Doesn't support tessellation yet.

View attachment 62420

With SSS
View attachment 62421

Without SSS
[ATTACH...

Read more about this resource...

I'm glad to see that you are pushing the bounds of what can be done in 1.x. :) I'm looking forward to trying this one out!

Doesn't work properly in VR mode. Renders a plane at the world origin with a side-by-side where the subsurface scattering is properly applied but doesn't actually apply to the model in VR space.

Maybe something this experimental should be free for beta testing and then paywalled after it's confirmed to be somewhat stable? I know it's a highly requested feature but locking it behind the $20 tier in this state is kinda disingenuous.

Edit: It also isn't captured by screenshot mode or the SuperShot plugin so I'm assuming that's related to not working in VR.

All of that being said, bravo for actually trying to implement SSS in any capacity. Very excited to see if you can get this into a more workable state.

Last edited:
I had to create an account just to say how amazing this plugin is. It's the biggest visual improvement since I discovered color-correct and PostMagic.
The only caveat for me is that it doesn't work with the WindowCamera or the PoseCamera plugin.
Also it doesn't seem to work with the tesselation plugins. The breasts looks blockier than ever before.

edit: I noticed it also doesn't work on feet, eyelashes and some clothes. The hairline is also buggy with this. I hope it's fixable.

Last edited:
Is there a conflict with your tessellation session plug-in? Someone in the review mentioned there was.

Same question above but alos does this remove VAMs default smoothing like the skim mask plugin?

Hunting-Succubus updated Subsurface Scattering Skin Beta with a new update entry:

Subsurface Scattering Skin Beta 3 Update - Tessallation & More

View attachment 69395
1.Added Tessellation Support. i wanted to work on point light but so many people wanted Tessellation.

2..Fixed Female Feet.

3.Fixed Male Genitalia & Hips.

4..Added toggle for Use Diffuse Tex for SSS.

when using Tessellation Tight Cloth may create artifact, set Cloth Material's render queue greater then 2520, ***It will also disable CLOTH SHADOW.

Suggestion - Dont make her wear...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I keep getting this error on the Beta 3, not sure what I'm missing...the person atoms are just generically named "Person" and "Person 2" and I have a direction light set up too...what's going wrong? Thanks. The previous versions of SSS worked just fine for me, if that's relevant
error with sss.JPG

Hunting-Succubus updated Subsurface Scattering Skin Beta with a new update entry:

Subsurface Scattering Skin Beta 4 Update - Custom SSS/Subdermis Texture & More

Update-
  • 1. Fixed Load Scene Error, plugin should load correctly when loading a saved scene.
  • 2. User can load Load custom SSS/Subdermis Texture. Place PNG,JPG textures here - "Custom\Scripts\Hunting-Succubus\" and load them in plugin.
  • 3.Toggle to Compare SSS Skin with Original skin. (Using 50-50 black & white texture as SSS texture.)
Next Update - Point Light/ Spot Light Support & maybe improve Tessellation.

[ATTACH...

Same issue if anyone knows what's the problem...if they have faced a similar issue. Every version since Beta 2 will not work for me for some reason. Is there something I am missing? I have a directional light, and I have tried it both as a session plugin and a person atom plugin...I really want to try the new features :(

does this work with in oculus mode? i read somewhere that it doesn't display properly when it's run without steam vr

Subsurface Scattering Skin Beta 8 - Artifact Removal Fixes

View attachment 80977

This Update Significantly Remove artifact near Hair & Scalp / Tight Cloths.

When artifact shows within few frames they are removed.

Both Desktop & VR mode and Tessellation benefit from this fix.

its not 100% Fix yet.

There are two new sliders -

Artifact Removal Latency - maybe useful depend performance & fps.

Artifact Removal Pixel Bias...

Subsurface Scattering Skin Beta 9 - Oculus Runtime Headset Support

View attachment 81808
  • This update add Oculus Runtime Headset Support.
  • Added some warning and suggestion in error log.
"main.Failed to load shader",

this error occurs when different plugin version/location is used in same session(save scene and restart vam to fix this).

btw user can extract VAR package and select script from there too if issue is not solved!

Thanks for support.

Back
Top Bottom