Subsurface Scattering Skin & Better Soft Shadows (Out Of Beta)

Paid Plugins Subsurface Scattering Skin & Better Soft Shadows (Out Of Beta)

I experience two major bugs when using this plugin.

Enabling tessellation while subsurface scattering is enabled crashes VAM. I have to disable subsurface scattering, enable tessellation, and re-enable subsurface scattering.

Secondly, having both enabled causes awful graphical artifacts that look similar to high bloom.

From left to right: No plugin, SSS enabled, Both enabled. I am otherwise using the default settings of the plugin. Playing with the settings doesn't help the artifacts when both effects are enabled.

VaM_WErzVzXrHx.png

I experience two major bugs when using this plugin.

Enabling tessellation while subsurface scattering is enabled crashes VAM. I have to disable subsurface scattering, enable tessellation, and re-enable subsurface scattering.

Secondly, having both enabled causes awful graphical artifacts that look similar to high bloom.

From left to right: No plugin, SSS enabled, Both enabled. I am otherwise using the default settings of the plugin. Playing with the settings doesn't help the artifacts when both effects are enabled.

View attachment 82344
are you using vr mode? which vr headset/runtime you are using? i am using quest 2 with steamvr and its working fine.

are you using vr mode? which vr headset/runtime you are using? i am using quest 2 with steamvr and its working fine.
The issues with enabling tessellation occur in both desktop and VR mode. Some instances of launching VAM will let me toggle tessellation fine, others will crash.

I attached images of the strange artifacting that occur when enabling tessellation from a distance. SSS is enabled in both images.

While the issues occur in both desktop and VR mode, I am using a Valve Index with SteamVR. GPU is a RTX 3070 Ti.

Attachments

• VaM_8BBCmigMq8.png
    VaM_8BBCmigMq8.png
    6.7 MB · Views: 0
  • VaM_K7npAu5Wjk.png
    VaM_K7npAu5Wjk.png
    7.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Hunting-Succubus updated Subsurface Scattering Skin Beta with a new update entry:

Subsurface Scattering Skin Beta 11 - Tessellation Improvement

View attachment 90235

For Desktop Mode - Tessellation now work perfectly.

Cloth with tessellation enabled should no longer show any artifacts.

Fixed tessellation for forearm,feet,head.

For VR Mode - Nothing, Will add this improvement in next version. Sorry.

Thanks for support.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Would not like to complain , but I paid 20€ of this and it crashes tesselation on. Im using 3060Ti with 511.79 driver, any solutions for non crashing are welcome.😕 also just using desktop mode. Having same issues as momoura, must be something with ampere cards.

Last edited:
Hello, I would like to know if a compatibility with the Video Renderer plugin was planned?

Hunting-Succubus updated Subsurface Scattering Skin Beta with a new update entry:

Subsurface Scattering Skin Beta 14 - CUA and Other Objects

Now user can apply Subsurface Scattering to CUA or other non character objects like sex toy.
View attachment 121689
View attachment 121688

I created this script to apply sss on Xnalara XPS Models which is imported with imakeboobies's XpsLoader but plugin will work with other models too.

btw in screenshot i imported Aphrodite...

Hello, is it normal that when I use the plugin it uses a lot of ram as time goes by until it reaches 20 gb or more

I'm sure it's valid for render to movie(MMD plugin for ZHFX),
But after I do MMD, there are layers of shadows on my skin, is there a way to fix this?

Sorry for asking a question beyond your scope, I just hope I can shoot a good MMD more perfectly

Subsurface Scattering Skin Beta 15 - Fixed Memory Leak & assetbundle, shader errors

Updates-

1.Fixed Memory Leak issue which caused VAM to crash after some time.

2.Fixed following errors

• !> Error during attempt to load assetbundle
  • !> main.Failed to load shader
3.Now there are three scripts in package-

SubsurfaceScatteringSkinBeta_PersonAtom_HuntingSuccubus.cs

Subsurface Scattering Skin Beta 16 - Major Update - Tessellation/Smooth Body Edges on RTX GPU

Updates -

• Finally Tessellation/Smooth Body Edges on RTX GPU is fixed. (now you can have your cake and eat it too)
  • Added script for new tessellation rtx fix - SubsurfaceScatteringSkinBeta_PersonAtom_Tessellation_HuntingSuccubus.cs
High Performance GPU - RTX 2080/3070 is recommended.

Hunting-Succubus updated Subsurface Scattering Skin & Better Soft Shadows (Out Of Beta) with a new update entry:

Subsurface Scattering Skin & Better Soft Shadows Ver 2

Updates -

Now scripts are precompiled DLL binary.

This should resolve Compilation Error for some users who have installed VAM in C Drive.

Hunting-Succubus updated Subsurface Scattering Skin & Better Soft Shadows (Out Of Beta) with a new update entry:

(Major Update)Subsurface Scattering Skin & Better Soft Shadows Ver 3

Updates -

This Update adds new parameter to increase Performance.

Plugin has new Popup Options - Sampling Resolution - (1/0.5/0.25/0.125)X

This option can significantly reduce Performance Impact / Increase FPS more then 20% at cost of Quality.

0.5x Resolution has reasonably balanced performance and quality.

View attachment 167848...

performance of session plug-in is horrible, even on high-end system with a 4090. I notice using it as session plug-in, when enabled, I see various parts of the scene change, not just the models in the scene.

Back
Top Bottom