Scenes are broken unless rescan packages is performed

VamBlaster

Reactions
So lately I noticed that most scenes just won't load properly (missing components entirely like environment, hair, clothing, etc..) when first starting VAM. In addition, trying to load something (like a scene or particular VAR) will be missing from the file open list completely, as if it's not there.

This is all fixed when doing a "rescan packages" action. Then everything loads fine and all VARs show up as expected. But this is getting cumbersome to do every time VAM is loaded. I never had to do this before and this started happening the last several weeks.

Anyone else experienced this issue? I suspect it might be down to a bad VAR somewhere, like a bad file name, but there's so many VARs and the filenames look fine to me this is really hard to pin point, if that is even the cause. I

Any ideas?

First, run vam_updater and check for core integrity.
After this, if no problem found, you might need to dwelve into that error log to figure it out.

An alternative is to move out packages in groups outside of the AddonsPackages, if you believe the problem is in one VAR. Then you can open VAM with each group, checking which one has the issue, and from there reduce the group until you find the package messing it up (if that's the problem cause in the first place).

I have the same issue and did not come to a conclusion what the problem might be.
I simply open the Hub from the Startmenue, jump to package manager and rescan. Then beginn my session.

This is happening to me now and so frustrating since I need to spend some minutes waiting and clicking buttons only because VaM cannot properly locate packages when launched...

Yea I am having this problem . It only started once when I had a crash and ever since than I have to rescan the packages to get the things back that are not all hosted on the hub

So lately I noticed that most scenes just won't load properly (missing components entirely like environment, hair, clothing, etc..) when first starting VAM. In addition, trying to load something (like a scene or particular VAR) will be missing from the file open list completely, as if it's not there.

This is all fixed when doing a "rescan packages" action. Then everything loads fine and all VARs show up as expected. But this is getting cumbersome to do every time VAM is loaded. I never had to do this before and this started happening the last several weeks.

Anyone else experienced this issue? I suspect it might be down to a bad VAR somewhere, like a bad file name, but there's so many VARs and the filenames look fine to me this is really hard to pin point, if that is even the cause. I

Any ideas?

First, run vam_updater and check for core integrity.
After this, if no problem found, you might need to dwelve into that error log to figure it out.

An alternative is to move out packages in groups outside of the AddonsPackages, if you believe the problem is in one VAR. Then you can open VAM with each group, checking which one has the issue, and from there reduce the group until you find the package messing it up (if that's the problem cause in the first place).

The tips in message 2 didn't work for me, at least not the 1st 2, I really don't want to go through each and every package and move them to find the culprit, that would be an insane amount of work. Did anybody find a fix for this? Scanning packages upon every load is a pain in the arse, this all started for me around a month ago.

Back
Top Bottom