Scene creators.. where do you get your ideas for new scenes?

Imagank

Reactions
I've been make scenes for private use for about a year now, a lot of them pretty advanced with the help of some amazing plugins from Acid Bubbles, MacGruber and so on. Most of my scenes consist of three models and a position menu that fades the screen out, moves everything as needed, and starts the new animations as to limit the immersion breaking as well as make the scenes less buggy. However.. my ideas are getting stale. It's getting to the point where I start a new scene and realize that aside from maybe the model or the environment, I'm building the same thing I built the week before. Same poses, same concept, same outcome. Any tips on how to get new ideas and maybe try something creative? Just incase, below are some things most if not all of my scenes have.

• Switching models, clothing, ect seamlessly.
  • Customizable/Auto Speed
  • Dynamic or context sensitive pose/cum buttons and animations
  • Interactive menu with toggle categories for animation groups (Cowgirl, missionary, doggy, ect.)
  • Dynamic finishing animations (I'm quite proud of this actually. With LogicBricks I'm able to create cum effects and animations that have the "cum clothing" fade in with opacity to make it seem more realistic.)

At any rate, I've learned quite a lot, and I feel like I make some pretty advanced stuff, however it feels like I'm running out of ideas. Any tips on where to get inspiration or new ideas from would be greatly appreciated.

Would you be interested in sharing your scenes, even if outside the Hub?

Some ideas could come from:
  • GIFs
  • Movie scenes
  • Hentai
  • Parody pictures
  • Cosplay

I'm actually quite interested in sharing. I've got plenty of scenes to share, but I always run into the same issue. When I get ready to export the scene the dependency list always has some dependencies that where not used or even loaded, really bloating the list. So for now.. I just keep making scenes.

It's off topic, but any help in the matter would be greatly appreciated, especially if it doesn't involve a fresh install. Would be a shame to start over. Some of these scenes took weeks to build. Would love to get some more content out there for people though if I can get this issue fixed.

On topic however, the gif idea is good. I think browsing through a gif site would be quicker than skimming through videos to get ideas for positions/story.

It's off topic, but any help in the matter would be greatly appreciated, especially if it doesn't involve a fresh install. Would be a shame to start over. Some of these scenes took weeks to build. Would love to get some more content out there for people though if I can get this issue fixed.
Here you go: VAR packaging

Wow. I feel dumb. Not only is there a detailed guide with resources, but you put it together. Well, I'm going to take a few moments to get over that embarrassment, and then see about getting some of my scenes out there. Thank you!

Just wanted to say thanks. I went through the guides you sent my way and decided to just bite the bullet and make a separate install for creating and releasing scenes. My main VaM folder is over 400gb at this point.. Sucks to have to rebuild some of the stuff, but it will give me a chance to basically go back and build upon my earlier scenes with the stuff I've learned.

Here's my first public release, redacted, just a model for now, but it's nice being able to release something with only the required dependencies. Thanks again!
(Also, yeah it's under a different name. ImaGank wasn't the best choice for a handle. Only made this account to lurk!)

Last edited:
Taking a little time to learn to package well pays off a lot. Not only will people interact more with your well packed resources, but resources with a hub hosted tag are shown by default in the built-in Hub Browser too. Your Emily looks very well put together, well done 👍

I usually have 2 VaM folders, my playing VaM and a fresh clean VaM with no extra packages in storage. Whenever I want to test and package neatly something I made I make a copy of the clean VaM, move in my created scene or whatever, the resources I used, test it and make a VAR. Alternatively, I package in my playing VaM when I know it's going to be a clean enough VAR, copy it to the clean VaM copy, test and repackage if needed. However you do it, the goal is to come up with a VAR that is neat with as little dependencies as possible, and that when you run in a clean VaM it works as expected.

Something very important not covered by the guides, get a external HDD and make frequent backups of your VaM.

Thanks, I appreciate that. It's nice to get something out there after a year of creating, even if it's just a simple model. (Although, I've never had to pose them and take pics, that was kind of fun actually.)

I'm thinking I'll take a similar approach in regards to the installs. Plan on having three installs like the guide suggested, personal, build, and clean. The model was simple enough, but once I start on my first public scene.. well, we'll see.

That's some really good advice on the backup. I probably wouldn't have thought about that and then lost all my creations. I've got a spare SSD somewhere around here. Ill work on back some stuff tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom