Quest 3 Passthrough  + Recording

Guides Quest 3 Passthrough + Recording

Saint66

Reactions
Saint66 submitted a new resource:

Quest 3 Passthrough Recording - How to record passthrough footage on Quest 3

Ok, since I shared some Passthrough videos of VAM and Virtual Desktop with the new Meta Quest 3, many people are asking me to write a little guide how to do this. I am bad at explaining and English, but it’s not that difficult so I try 😉

Here’s an example on how it could look like:

View attachment 295154<insert video here>

This guide is centered on Quest 3, but it’ll also apply to any headset supported by Virtual Desktop with minor adjustments.

Virtual Desktop:
Have the...

Read more about this resource...

I already have VD for steam vr do I then need to pay for it again to get it to work on the quest 3?
thanks in advance

If only VAM 1.X was open or someone would actively be developing it I would request for Quest 3 hand tracking and we'd be able to leave controllers aside :/

Ah fuck, I didn't think VAM could do this with Quest 3. Now I have to buy one and a wifi 6e router. Does the hand tracking work too?

Ah fuck, I didn't think VAM could do this with Quest 3. Now I have to buy one and a wifi 6e router. Does the hand tracking work too?
Handtracking works sort of, but only position. There is no fingertracking and you cant control anything

anyone else have a problem now with this on v59 firmware? It worked great on v57 with virtual desktop but now it stopped working somehow.

anyone else have a problem now with this on v59 firmware? It worked great on v57 with virtual desktop but now it stopped working somehow.
Just tried it after your comment, for me it‘s still working like before, with v59 on my Q3

Is the Quest 3 worth it? What are your computer specs?
Compared to Q2 it's an noticeable upgrade. Better lenses, better Wifi, better comfort, faster processor, color passthrough, depth sensor.
Me, coming from QPro, both have advantages and disadvantages. Colors and blacks are better on the Pro, also I know no other headset with its wearing comfort. In this respect, the Pro is unbeatable.

I have i7-13700K, 4090, 64GB DDR5

Last edited:
anyone knows how to cast shadow without visible floor in game?

@moyashi made a plugin for that

Amazing! Thanks for this! I am using the Q3 screen capturing and none of the passthrough is showing in the recorded videos. All the passthrough I enjoyed while recording is blacked out. Am I missing something?

Amazing! Thanks for this! I am using the Q3 screen capturing and none of the passthrough is showing in the recorded videos. All the passthrough I enjoyed while recording is blacked out. Am I missing something?
How do you start recording? Quests native screenshot/video feature captures passthrough well…

Turn your boundary on. Will not record passthrough with boundary turned off.

Some passthrough in passthrough

Attachments

• VirtualDesktop.Android-20231106-204350.mp4
    54.4 MB
When I open Virtual Desktop Streamer, I dont see the streaming option on the left side. What am I doing wrong? I've reinstalled it also. I can open VDS fine in the VR.

I have VD and VDS installed and I can get it to work, but VDS only shows up as a window and not the entire screen. Does anyone know a fix for it?

I wish there was a way the model could be behind your hands, like If I put my hand up in passthrough it is behind them. Like I cant put my hand up in-between myself and the model. It probably isnt possible? I know I could posses a guy but its not the same.

I wish there was a way the model could be behind your hands, like If I put my hand up in passthrough it is behind them. Like I cant put my hand up in-between myself and the model. It probably isnt possible? I know I could posses a guy but its not the same.
Paint them green.

Back
Top Bottom