Resource icon

Other Green screen Passthrough ALXR client/ALVR APK for Quest 2

Ok, it generally works, but not right for me.

I attached camera background plugin as session plugin, turned it to 255 green.

If I now press left Menu-B, background still is all green (when turning all colors off it becomes black, no XR view neither) If I choose the other option (left Menu-A), I have greenish tinted background until I change the plugin to "no color" (all zero). Then I have a proper XR view, but unfortunately only in blend mode, model looks "ghostish"

But I want it on the Menu-B mode, what am I doing wrong?

Last edited:
Ok, it generally works, but not right for me.

I attached camera background plugin as session plugin, turned it to 255 green.

If I now press left Menu-B, background still is all green (when turning all colors off it becomes black, no XR view neither) If I choose the other option (left Menu-A), I have greenish tinted background until I change the plugin to "no color" (all zero). Then I have a proper XR view, but unfortunately only in blend mode, model looks "ghostish"

But I want it on the Menu-B mode, what am I doing wrong?

Try first using Menu-B, then go to the camera background plugin to change the color. You should see something like in the screenshot I included. Notice that the RGB combinations that correspond to passthroughshould show passthrough on the Color chart and the color bar to the right of the chart.

RGB = (0,255,0) actually doesn't work as I made the thresholds a little lower. I actually think that (67,110,67) or something works best at reducing the green outline.
1669990443898.png

Thanks, heaps, works perfect now. Somehow I thought it has to be pure green ;)

Btw, do you know if Korejan is also working onthis by his releases?
And, if he plans to support Server 19.x at some point?

Thanks, heaps, works perfect now. Somehow I thought it has to be pure green ;)

Btw, do you know if Korejan is also working onthis by his releases?
And, if he plans to support Server 19.x at some point?
I don't know. Korejan mentioned he was going to have this but it seems based on his nightly ALXR builds that he got busy with other things. He also needs to figure out how to pass the values into the vulkan shaders which may be difficult because the vulkan shaders I think need to be compiled and it may be challenging to do. Feel free to reach out to him though on Discord. Also not sure about 19.x, sorry!

One other thing to note is that the Virtual Desktop developer Guy Godin said that he will finish his transition to OpenXR soon (he said " Support for a passthrough environment on Quest will be added with the switch to OpenXR later this fall") which sounds like in the coming weeks. Not sure how he intends to implement passthrough, but it may be better and more flexible than ALVR/ALXR. Something to look forward to I suppose.

I tried this, but when I have ALVR running, I can't launch VAM in vr mode on my headset. Quest 2. If I turn off ALVR, I can get in vr through VR desktop.

Is there a particular order to do this? Or a settings I am missing. When I run ALVR, it always launches VAM in desktop mode.

I tried this, but when I have ALVR running, I can't launch VAM in vr mode on my headset. Quest 2. If I turn off ALVR, I can get in vr through VR desktop.

Is there a particular order to do this? Or a settings I am missing. When I run ALVR, it always launches VAM in desktop mode.
You don't use Virtual Desktop for this ;)
The ALVR server on your PC starts SteamVR service, and then you have to start the client on your Quest. This should bring you into SteamVR, from where you start VAM then.

Is it possible to get an updated green background version with one of the newer Nightly versions? The stable version 10 this is built off of always seems to have glitching hand issues near hair with 'Sim' enabled, or near light sources with shadows enabled.

Is it possible to get an updated green background version with one of the newer Nightly versions? The stable version 10 this is built off of always seems to have glitching hand issues near hair with 'Sim' enabled, or near light sources with shadows enabled.

New version would be very nice, thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom