ALXR Quest/Pico client v0.12.1 for server v18.5.0 with modified passthrough mask

Other ALXR Quest/Pico client v0.12.1 for server v18.5.0 with modified passthrough mask

Reactions
Thanks for updating, included this in my guide. A thinner green/blue version would be great too!

Anything for the HTC headset :(
htc uses windows version I believe? tried building and ran into some issues but I can do that for you probably. or is it the generic android version? either way let me know and I'll get a version out soon + updates for everyone

I have not tested these builds yet but heres a green and a darker blue version both updated to oculus v56 firmware. I need to figure out what script is setting the manifest so I cna have multiple versions but for now just uninstall old one if you want to try this. not posting as a proper upload since they're untested but I'll maybe have one this weekend

Attachments

• alxr_client_android darker blue.zip.var
    6.5 MB · Views: 0
  • alxr-client-quest green.zip.var
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
animetiddyenthusiast updated ALXR Quest/Pico client v0.12.1 for server v18.5.0 with modified passthrough mask with a new update entry:

new builds tonight for quest v56 and remaining versions

builds I posted last night do work, though idk if anyone saw them. Performance and tracking seemed more stable with oculus v56 than the previous build that runs on v55 (mainly was an issue bc of mismatching versions I think), but the green masking I tried per request is awful. sadly the spherical algorithm did not help enough. I've avoided learning to write shaders my whole life but I spent time last night reading up on them and I think I have some ideas to help smooth things out a bit...

Read the rest of this update entry...

animetiddyenthusiast updated ALXR Quest/Pico client v0.12.1 for server v18.5.0 with modified passthrough mask with a new update entry:

Quest version v56 update + shader tweaks

my brain is mush after trying to learn shaders but I'm making sense of the project structure at least
changes include

-update to v56 quest firmware
-color space switched to rec709 (rgb) making our current primitive mask technique much simpler and more accurate resulting in a thinner outline. use somewhere around 201, 190, 250 for your bg
-experimental adjustments to blend mode. should have clearer foreground and better black removal provided you light the scene well (colored lighting...

I have an idea , Add transparency adjustments in mask mode, similar to deovr, which can completely eliminate green edges.

I have an idea , Add transparency adjustments in mask mode, similar to deovr, which can completely eliminate green edges.

every build thus far has used smooth or exponential ramping of transparency but I was already at the limit of what wouldnt mess up the foreground. The issue was bad detection because the math we were doing literally caused us to lose data. I was trying to rewrite from a different approach entirely but someone in the other thread linked in the description provided a new shader that uses a library they found on github to give us better color comparison tools. This version is far better than we could achieve before so I'll go ahead and tweak this a bit and upload here

update to main branch v13.0 with vulkan improvements

more optimized vulkan pipeline in addition to my shaders that are looking better than ever using efficient LAB space comparisons. You seriously arent gonna believe how good the mask is. The color I'm testing against takes color already in LAB format that converts to 98, 129 100, but you'll find its not as strict as before. You can alter the hue quite a bit while staying in the sweet spot but it doesnt cause any transparency issues. Keep it more in the green/orange zone and the outline is...

Wow, thanks for the v13.0 update. Works like a charme on Quest Pro, and the outline is almost completely gone. Great job, thanks for sharing!

Released builds for all androids versions!

Fixed version from yesterday's update to v0.13.0
Adjusted blend mode to be much less selective. I opted for this to have a mode that can be quickly toggled if you need to see your room and you're stuck in a load screen or the scene loaded with walls. Might add a third mode to accomplish this instead, but I think mask mode is good enough now that I don't need blend mode tbh

feedback always welcome, and as usual only quest version tested

There are four apk's. Which one should Quest 2 use?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-10 024153.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-10 024153.png
    9.4 KB · Views: 0
I can't get the client to run on Pico4. It just starts and immediatley closes. Any ideas?
could you try uninstalling, rebooting your headset and reinstalling? if it still doesn't work I'll rebuild the app for you. difficult to test without a pico but if anyone else has one and could test please let me know! @atani tried new version yet?

could you try uninstalling, rebooting your headset and reinstalling? if it still doesn't work I'll rebuild the app for you. difficult to test without a pico but if anyone else has one and could test please let me know! @atani tried new version yet?
Didn't notice the new version was available too for the Pico 4. Awesome 💗 .
I'll try it tomorrow and report back.

sounds good but I have two possible solutions already. There's also a small update to the main branch so I'll push out a full update for every version that should hopefully work.

In my personal fork I changed android to use vulkan API 1.3 instead of 1.1. I don't need the new features currently but I thought they looked potentially useful. Oculus has no issue with it, possibly pico could have an issue so I'll rollback to 1.1 just in case for those builds. I also compiled everything to target android SDK version 33 for android os 13 which again is great for oculus but could be an issue for pico. I looked at my previous pico build (had to decompile my own apk lol) and it was set to sdk v32 for android 12 so I know that works at least. Very possible the pico os isnt updated to that yet, or it could be that jimmy needs to update his device, couldnt find info on it in 30 seconds of reading pico's website but if anyone knows the OS versions please lmk.

It should just work with those two adjustments rolled back, have that up in an hour or two

Back
Top Bottom