ALXR Quest/Pico client v0.12.1 for server v18.5.0 with modified passthrough mask

Other ALXR Quest/Pico client v0.12.1 for server v18.5.0 with modified passthrough mask

Confirming I have the same problem. I'll report when the new version is up ;)
my bad would've had it up earlier but my project got demolished trying to push to a github branch so I had to remake some stuff. fixed pico version within the next 10-15 and then if anybody is able to try it right away before I crash that would be sick

animetiddyenthusiast updated ALXR Quest/Pico client v0.12.1 for server v18.5.0 with modified passthrough mask with a new update entry:

Pico version hopefully fixed + update with master branch

Please let me know about pico version. I undid the change that I believe broke it (vulkan api change or android sdk version) but if its still not working I'll have to try another build. Pico 4 users use pico v4 apk. Any earlier version of pico use non-v4. Couldnt get generic android to build, does anyone need this?

All builds also received a backend update on the main branch to adjust usage of platform specific passthrough modes but I saw no difference on quest with my shaders or og...

Read the rest of this update entry...

last working build was os 12 / sdk 32 as was this one. So the issue now is just that I built it after building quest version and didnt clean the files between. at least I think thats it. attempting fix now

@atani @Seraphim try this plz. if it doesnt work can you also test the latest master branch version if you havent already? this should have no real differences other than the shader from master branch

1694454538674.png

wow I completely misunderstood what v4 meant since I knew there's a headset called pico v4 lol. if you're on newest version of pico OS do not use pico v4. That may have been the issue but either way I have an updated build for both. sorry about the mixup lads. Newest pico OS use second file here without the v4. old non updated os use v4

Attachments

• alxr-client-pico-v4.zip.var
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • alxr-client-pico.zip.var
Last edited:
Yeah, the v4 confused me a bit as to whether it was for a Pico 4 or just v4 of the client 😅
v4 worked in a earlier build so that's what I tried again.

Anyway. trying now the pico.zip you just shared and report back.

Well, seems like I spoke too soon.
The client does open and work, but when I press the key combination for passthrough all it gives is some small line coloured artifacts, like if there's a issue with the GPU. Mask mode or what is called works but also gives the same artifacts. This all in the Steam VR area.
In VaM it's the same effect with artifacts and the background plugin doesn't show any passthrough area in the spectrum.

Trying the v4 option now.

v4 client opens and closes :(
Yeah v4 should for you that's normal. But the other thing I need to investigate. There were some changes to the openxr implementation but I didnt take the time to look into what they do to each platform. Just gonna roll those changes back and optimize the shaders a teeny bit bc I was also having higher gpu usage than I did in previous builds. Didnt get to test in depth last night, I apologize. Thank you for bearing with me

holy fuck bro if android studio didnt pretend to forget about my git submodules every time that would be so neat. I tried to set up version control last night and its been nothing but issues, literally have to do it all from scratch and then replace my shaders. gonna be extra careful not to mix up any intermediate builds between versions

Take your time. Unfortunately I don't have the knowledge for this kind of stuff you're doing to be able to help, only to report if it works on a Pico.

yeah android studio was just being dumb as fuck but I updated it and its better now. Here's a fresh pico build with latest main branch changes rolled back. really hope this works for you. not gonna bother with pico v4 build anymore either since the solution is just to update your headset

Attachments

• alxr-client-pico.zip.var
yeah android studio was just being dumb as fuck but I updated it and its better now. Here's a fresh pico build with latest main branch changes rolled back. really hope this works for you. not gonna bother with pico v4 build anymore either since the solution is just to update your headset
The client opens but then when the server loads it gives an error:
"No entitlement info in the local cache"

Checking now this:

Update: I'm an idiot, forgot to turn on the wifi 🤦‍♂️

Same problems regarding passthrough.
Apart from that, the quality of image I'm seeing is much better than earlier versions.

make sure stream settings arent pushing too high of bitrate. I think the artifacts are moreso from gpu load than the shader since I see them with passthrough off and in normal alvr

animetiddyenthusiast updated ALXR Quest/Pico client v0.12.1 for server v18.5.0 with modified passthrough mask with a new update entry:

Fixed pico build + quest build with experimental shaders

I found some math functions to remove conditionals if you're creative enough. no more if statements in our code, which I think did cause some issues. The mask shader is nearly 1:1, I just got rid of the slight gradation but you can still configure it to be visually the same. Blend mode is uhhh, well its something. It is an improvement imo but its weird af and I kinda threw some random math stuff without really knowing exactly what to expect but its actually really good in some situations...

pico version and quest version with some experimental performance enhancing shaders

I found some math functions to remove conditionals if you're creative enough. no more if statements in our code, which I think did cause some issues. The mask shader is nearly 1:1, I just got rid of the slight gradation but you can still configure it to be visually the same. Blend mode is uhhh, well its something. It is an improvement imo but its weird af and I kinda threw some random math stuff without really knowing exactly what to expect but its actually really good in some situations...

Alright. Booting up good, and working awesome on Pico4, until randomly shutting down within a few minutes each time. Was almost there. The good thing is i can just restart the app and jump back into the game where it was most of the time. Though sometimes steamvr restarts when i do.

it should only ever restart steamvr/alvr server on first connect for that session ime. not sure what to do about the random shutdowns :(
I looked at pico dev reference briefly and there's nothing that would be helpful without owning a headset

OK, sorry, I think i found the culprit, nevermind lol. Was probably my Leap Motion2 hand tracking unit that was mounted to the front. it gets really hot and i think it was overheating the pico heatsink; which i think it was right on top of. Causing the headset to shut down whatever app was running at the time (alxr). took it of an placed it in a different spot, and the app is running smoothly since. False alarm :)

Back
Top Bottom