Question Quest 2 with cable question

wayneout

Reactions
Just got a Quest 2 and the link cable. I can use the cable to go to my desktop. What is next? Do I just start VAM? Will the Quest 2
know that it is VR? I seen a question similar to this one where they mentioned SteamVR but I have no idea how to use a program
that is not in Steam's library. (I use SteamVR to play SkyrimVR. but it is in my library) Thanks

1) In Steam click "Add a game" -> Browse, then add vam.exe path -> add selected programs. 2) right click on vam in steam VR library -> Properties -> Check "include in VR Library".

Upvote 0
Just got a Quest 2 and the link cable. I can use the cable to go to my desktop. What is next? Do I just start VAM? Will the Quest 2
know that it is VR? I seen a question similar to this one where they mentioned SteamVR but I have no idea how to use a program
that is not in Steam's library. (I use SteamVR to play SkyrimVR. but it is in my library) Thanks
Hi Wayneout- When you run the VAM exe on your desktop a screen will appear requesting Desktop mode or VR mode. Before choosing VR mode have the Oculus app running - go into settings and change to 90Hz. Then open Sidequest click on Spanner icon and change Default Texture size to 2560. Start the VR VAM exe. on desktop and in headset click the Oculus link. The VAM menu will appear in headset

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply. Works good now except for a few questions which I will have separate post.

Upvote 0
I use Virtual Desktop for wireless link. I open the virtual desktop and run vam from inside the headset. Just click the openVR mode .bat to make sure it launches correctly. SteamVR will open then VaM will (slowly) load. Switch from Desktop to VR mode in Virtual Desktop and enjoy.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom