Question Awful VR performance with high end PC (Quest 2, AirLink/VirutalDesktop)

deni12

Reactions
Hello,
i just built a new PC (12700k, 3080ti, 64GB Ram, 2TB 7000/7000 SSD) and VAM is absoluetely unplayable for me in VR mode.
I tried Quest 2 with Airlink and also with Virtual Desktop Server ( + Steam VR) and it looks like there is something really off.
My controllers start to get super delayed at some point and also when i move my head the picture freezes or goes in completely different directions or there are black bars drawing around.
I started to think it may be a WIFI problem, but after checking that i'm on 5Ghz and I am very close to the Router, im still not sure what the problem could be. Desktop mode works flawlessly on highest settings.
What could be the problem there?
Best regards,
Deni

Obviously your problems is VR as you noticed for yourself. First guess: try a cable connection. Then lets see what happens.

Also check the resolution scale in game and from your headset. Should be at 1.0 or something.

Upvote 0
Obviously your problems is VR as you noticed for yourself. First guess: try a cable connection. Then lets see what happens.

Also check the resolution scale in game and from your headset. Should be at 1.0 or something.

how can i check the resolution scale?

Upvote 0
Without trying to be a smartass, have you tried re-starting the headset? Every once in a while I'll run into this kind of lag, and resetting the Quest seems to solve it. You'd also be experiencing some lag when remote viewing your desktop if it's what I've run into.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom