• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Question VR problems with oculus quest 2

wayneout

Reactions
I finished playing around with desktop mode and tried vr mode. Two things are happening with scenes that
came with VAM. The UI is slanted, seems like it is rotated to the right about 30 degrees. (when I take my
headset off, it is straight on the screen. Second problem is that the whole scene is jumping around. I can't
click into "edit mode" because of the jumping around. I am using Oculus Quest 2 with link. I am also
playing with Skyrim VR without these problems. Any ideas? Thanks

The UI appears based on your hand position when you turn it on! Hold your hand straight and get a straight UI. If when you press the button to turn it on you hold the button you can move it around before letting go of the button.

If you are using the Q2, DO NOT USE STEAMVR.
Oh god, the best thing I ever did was stop using that.

I use Virtual Desktop for wireless and launch VaM directly through that. There are some posts where we discuss this in regards to flickering/jittering that used to drive me crazy. I get none of those issues now without SteamVR running.

Upvote 0
I finished playing around with desktop mode and tried vr mode. Two things are happening with scenes that
came with VAM. The UI is slanted, seems like it is rotated to the right about 30 degrees. (when I take my
headset off, it is straight on the screen. Second problem is that the whole scene is jumping around. I can't
click into "edit mode" because of the jumping around. I am using Oculus Quest 2 with link. I am also
playing with Skyrim VR without these problems. Any ideas? Thanks

If it is open in desktop mode and you hit M and put your headset on you will need to hit the controller button to close and reopen the UI. The UI will be placed wherever your right controller is pointing.

Upvote 0
The UI appears based on your hand position when you turn it on! Hold your hand straight and get a straight UI. If when you press the button to turn it on you hold the button you can move it around before letting go of the button.

I use Virtual Desktop for wireless and launch VaM directly through that. There are some posts where we discuss this in regards to flickering/jittering that used to drive me crazy. I get none of those issues now without SteamVR running.
How about something called "Open Composite" I have been reading about it and it says it keeps you from using SteamVR. I haven't tried it yet.

Upvote 0
That looks interesting, seems to be designed to get the Oculus app working without SteamVR, so I guess Wired Link on the Quest2?
I have not tried it because Virtual Desktop works so well for me I don't feel the need to try others.
However, if somebody can demonstrate a better framerate via any other method I am willing to try !

Upvote 0

legend i get it really bad so im gonna try without steam vr runnning , i use virtual desktop and steam always loads when i click launch vr, so i just clcik it off ?i thought it needed steam vr to run

Upvote 0
legend i get it really bad so im gonna try without steam vr runnning , i use virtual desktop and steam always loads when i click launch vr, so i just clcik it off ?i thought it needed steam vr to run
You need to create a new .bat file. There are some already in the VaM folder, one for desktop, one for OpenVR and one for config.
Make a new file called whatever you want .txt
Open it and put this line in,
"C:\Program Files\Virtual Desktop Streamer\VirtualDesktop.Streamer.exe" "C:\[Path to Vam main directory]\VaM.exe"

Include the quotes, but change [Path to Vam main directory] to be your actual path.
Rename the file to .bat

Run VD from your headset. When connected, from within the headset just double click that new batch file. VaM should open without launching SteamVR

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom