• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Question Augmented Reality (quest 2)

Schmirgler

Reactions
Is there any way to view models in augmented reality with the Quest 2 cameras as the "room background"?

I have seen with the new Quest 2 update it could be possible.

Hi, first of all where did you see that the q2 could do augmented reality with the new update?

Secondly, we used to be able to do it with the v16 update but it was quickly stopped. We are now on v30. Here's a link How to activate AR in your Oculus Quest Home Menu - The Ghost Howls (skarredghost.com) but that is from April 2020 and does not work now.

It was fun and worked well (the room background was black and white) with Vam so if anybody knows how to activate it again let us know.

Upvote 0
Its now fully supported hooray :)

Just had my first experience using Quest 2' s new launched Passthrough Augmented Reality Features using VAM
and beside the stationary Guardian Sweetspot you have to care of,
its a really amazing experience to have VAM Models in my Appartment ;D

As long as its Black Backgrounded Scenery it works great like such Scenes / Models.

Hand Tracking works also .
And i used it wireless over Virtual Desktop.

It is very limited with VAM currently and sure experimental State.
ATM with VAM you have to stand / sit or lay in a "Guardian edge" sweetspot and if you move too much the Model fades out.

I wonder if a VAM Quest 2 Plugin could actually improve that Stationary Limitations it has currently and add something like the now available first Quest 2 Games already offer to actually see the Content no matter where you are.

Currently the Quest 2 Environment is black / white and your VAM Models are fully coloured.
But its not even such a downer currently because its really exciting to see and try such things out.

And with next Quest or other VR Headsets the Passthrough will hopefully be coloured embedded.

If you want to know how it works "currently" with Quest 2 and VAM or other PC Applications there is a Reddit Thread

For Interested Developers:

Unity Integration

Oculus Mixed Reality using Passthrough Launch Info :

A Video showing the Feature.

Some Press Links:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This... is a thing for the quest 2? I have to try it out. It would be amazing if the passthrough was coloured! Why didn't they make it to begin with!!!!

I have to try this out. Thank you.

Upvote 0
If you like to you can vote here for the Full Oculus API Integration into VAM.

Coloured is the Future yes and it will happen of course :)

If you want a quick Feature check , this is from teh Reddit Thread:

" Create a new guardian but with a stationary boundary.
Go under settings on the Quest 2, go to experimental features.
Turn on 120hz mode, turn on the stationary boundary passthrough feature. "

Now move to the Edge of the Stationary circle.

The Background should be black without a Asset.

It not a must to use 120 HZ buit its is very smooth then and the Passthrough is also smooth.
If you are seated on a couch or Bed sure doesnt matters if 75 / 90 or 120 Hz
But if the Scenery moved 120 is the way to go.

If it would be full API integraded into VAM then there wouldnt be the Edge of Boundary needed of course.

Upvote 0
Check this out:

ezgif-1-fad2da371c.gif

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom