Question Proper Rotation Parenting?

virtamater

Reactions
What is the proper way to set this up that the staff keeps the rotation of the palm of the hand?????
I have a the staff parented to an empty with captianvargos rotator which is parented to the right hand.

I used the blazedust CUA parent hold for the staff.
It rotates in an odd way without being linked to the empty. I'm having a hard time in blender setting the proper 0,0,0 origin on the staff..

Its set to link for position, but Ive tried it on on, comply, physics and off with the rotation access and all of those options do this...

the staff in the fist images rotates like a helicopter, if it followed the hand correctly, it should rotate along with the hand... Instead it chops right through her..

Attachments

• 1703769608.png
    1703769608.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 1703769641.png
    1703769641.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
What is the proper way to set this up that the staff keeps the rotation of the palm of the hand?????
I have a the staff parented to an empty with captianvargos rotator which is parented to the right hand.

I used the blazedust CUA parent hold for the staff.
It rotates in an odd way without being linked to the empty. I'm having a hard time in blender setting the proper 0,0,0 origin on the staff..

Its set to link for position, but Ive tried it on on, comply, physics and off with the rotation access and all of those options do this...

the staff in the fist images rotates like a helicopter, if it followed the hand correctly, it should rotate along with the hand... Instead it chops right through her
I am not that experienced with VAM so I am sure there may be a better way. However, I would Link/Parent the spear to a capsule or small cylinder shape (hide materials) with the Captainvargos plugin set to rotate the capsule/cylinder. Then parent/link the cylinder to the right hand. Depending on the animation it may be difficult to prevent the spear from striking he body. You may be able to adjust the spear position in timeline.

Upvote 0
I am not that experienced with VAM so I am sure there may be a better way. However, I would Link/Parent the spear to a capsule or small cylinder shape (hide materials) with the Captainvargos plugin set to rotate the capsule/cylinder. Then parent/link the cylinder to the right hand. Depending on the animation it may be difficult to prevent the spear from striking he body. You may be able to adjust the spear position in timeline.
I could try that. Thanks!
I'm also attempting to redo the staff in blender again and setting up the orientation better aswell.
a bit of both might do the trick. Its original position was set to be held and angled. It needs to be flat and on on its side.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom