Question Eye reflections not working properly

Retrospect

Reactions
I've been struggling with this problem only recently and I cant seems to find the main issue. Any kind of eye reflections I use on my characters (For example: hunting-succubus realistic eyes/stylized eyes etc.) they look muddy and dull. I didn't have this problem before, it only started happening recently and I cant find what's causing this. As you can see from the screenshot the eyes of my character looks kinda muddy and not reflecting any lights at all. It was suppose to look like the 2nd pic. Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 1704462549.jpg
    1704462549.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • unknown.png
    unknown.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Solution
In mine if the Shader quality is set to low it's pretty clear the difference, medium or high makes it look as it should.
Maybe check your GPU drivers, I have no more ideas.
I fixed it finally but I'm still not really sure what caused it. Basically the default cache folder got changed so I corrected the directory path manually then couple of missing errors popped up. Just restarted and now its back to normal. This was probably the main issue. And yeah you were right the shader quality does make a big difference I can see it now. Also updated the hunting-succubus subsurface scattering skins just to be on the safe side. Anyways, its working properly now thanks for trying to help
Check your user preferences for lighting and such.
Thank you for your reply but lighting isn't the issue here. I've tried adding different light sources, while it doesn't look muddy like this, instead it just flat out turns the iris glowy white. My saved scenes and all the other creators scenes every one of them looks like this for some reason, but this problem wasn't present even couple of days ago. I can't really pinpoint what's causing this. It feels like the iris can't reflect any lights directed towards it

Upvote 0
I mean your settings, not the lights in a scene, shader quality especially.
yeah I checked it when I thought the reflections might be turned off or something but nothing seemed to be out of place like mostly on the default and a few changes I made here and there. what setting should I be looking into specifically?
Update: changed the shader settings, it was set to medium so I changed it to high but its still the same :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In mine if the Shader quality is set to low it's pretty clear the difference, medium or high makes it look as it should.

Upvote 0
I fixed it finally but I'm still not really sure what caused it. Basically the default cache folder got changed so I corrected the directory path manually then couple of missing errors popped up. Just restarted and now its back to normal. This was probably the main issue. And yeah you were right the shader quality does make a big difference I can see it now. Also updated the hunting-succubus subsurface scattering skins just to be on the safe side. Anyways, its working properly now thanks for trying to help

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Solution
Back
Top Bottom