Question Help Please, Add On Packages Not Working

imster

Reactions
Hi all, so VAM has been working fine up until a few days ago when the majority of my add on packages were not loading up despite them still being in my add on packages folder.

Anyone able to help with this? thanks

I added more var packages which i have done in the past with no issues. its almost like VAM is not looking in the correct addon package folder

Error log just shows the packages that are missing (which isnt correct as I have them in my addon packages folder)

Upvote 0
One thing I was considering was that you had a corrupted VAR that is known to break the scanning process silently, as in it would scan packages until the corrupted and stop there. But if you say the error log is saying you're missing X VARs and you say they're there, then I don't think that's the problem. You can still run a core check (vam_updater.exe) to see if there's no core files missing.

Honestly, if the error log is saying that X VAR is missing I would trust it more than you saying it is there. No offense, but the machine just follows the code and humans often make wrong interpretations. Check again if it is there character by character in the filename.

Upvote 0
Ok I think I understand what you are saying because it picks up some of the packages in the addon folder but not all of them so is it possible it scans through the addons folder until it gets to the corrupted var and then stops scanning further hence showing less than whats actually in the folder?

Upvote 0
Possibly is. And now that I read my previous answer where I think it's not that because of the errors, I realise the logic was faulty there.
If you can spot the newer files, try to open them in winrar, 7zip, whatever you use, to see if it gives a error that the file is corrupted or such. Not sure if there's a utililty somewhere in the Hub that can scan for broken zips (VARs).

Upvote 0
Possibly is. And now that I read my previous answer where I think it's not that because of the errors, I realise the logic was faulty there.
If you can spot the newer files, try to open them in winrar, 7zip, whatever you use, to see if it gives a error that the file is corrupted or such. Not sure if there's a utililty somewhere in the Hub that can scan for broken zips (VARs).
Thank you so much mate, your suggestion worked perfectly, found out I had a corrupted var file which i deleted and all is back to normal!!

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom