Question Timeline Export Include Pose option not working?

Jocks3D

Reactions
Patreon
callanscott
Has anyone else noticed a problem in Timeline when you export an animation and check the "Include Pose" box the exported animation is not properly saving the pose?

I made a Pose Preset with the models right hand in a fist and can load this pose in other scenes with a different model and the right hand fist is there. I then used this pose as the first frame of a Timeline animation, leaving the hand in a fist for the duration of the animation, but when I export the animation and add it to a different model the right hand is no longer in a fist.

I realize I can add the fist morph as part of the animation but I don't understand why I would need to do this if the "include pose" checkbox is supposed to save the complete pose... or does it have another purpose?

Hi Jocks3D, I believe timeline only saves poses based on the nodes settings and position/rotation status relative to the person root. Timeline's save pose function will not save a pose in the same way that Vam does because Vam saves morphs/pose morphs with the node information while timeline only saves/exports the status of the nodes with their settings without morphs being included.

The Timeline save pose function was created so that when resetting an animation half way through or at the end, it would instantly load the pose, preventing the physics from exploding. Also for other things like creating loads of different poses/animations around a scene environment that switch instantly which was previously impossible to do without exploding physics. It was all about merge loading into multiple scenes back then lol.

I would say just save yourself the hassle and save it with the timeline animation and then at least it only has to be saved once.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom