Question Setting high animation speed in Timeline messes up the posing?

pinosante

Reactions
See the video below which speaks for itself.

I have an animation which is very well aligned. When I play it at 0.25 all goes well. When I play it at a higher 1.00 speed, the animation becomes wonky. But the frustrating part, is that when I stop the animation, the alignment is messed up. How does this happen? And how do I prevent this?

Attachments

• VaM 2024-01-27 11-33-37.mp4
    21.9 MB
Solution
Hummm....not really, I just think it's the same as DJ and HolySchmidt say, with the physics of friction, colliders, all interacting for slightly different results. If you check in the user prefs "High quality physics", it increases the amount of calculations, I guess it will be more stable in the posing differences, but it's always some kind of push and pull happening even if it looks perfectly still.
Surely those large mass rotating breasts will create a variety of force intensities and directions on the hip node, perhaps you can play around with the spring and damper of the hip node to be less affected by the body pulls.
It's real-time physics calculation. If you move your hand slowly towards a wall, it will get blocked. If you hit a wall fast enough with a fist, you'll get your bones broken. So, speed affects what happens. Results vary.

Upvote 0
@atani it seems that you understand the problem well, could you maybe explain what is happening? I also saved a simple example in the other thread with only the male, in the air with no other objects, and the rod (with no collision) and I still have the same problem. So the friction could not be the reason for this happening. (Since there is nothing to give friction). I'm at a loss what is happening here, and it messes up my scene alignments :(.

Upvote 0
Hummm....not really, I just think it's the same as DJ and HolySchmidt say, with the physics of friction, colliders, all interacting for slightly different results. If you check in the user prefs "High quality physics", it increases the amount of calculations, I guess it will be more stable in the posing differences, but it's always some kind of push and pull happening even if it looks perfectly still.
Surely those large mass rotating breasts will create a variety of force intensities and directions on the hip node, perhaps you can play around with the spring and damper of the hip node to be less affected by the body pulls.

Upvote 1
Solution
In addition to increasing the spring rate for both the position and rotation of the atoms, don't animate the hip atom, animate the pelvis atom. I don't know why but doing so gives you much more control over unwanted clipping (i.e. the penis/dildo poking through her belly)

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom