Question Speeding up the application

ajtrader23

Reactions
We know that having too many .var files in the addon folder will slow everything down. What I don't know is - can we speed it up by extracting the most frequent 'core' .var files we normally use (like scripts that are always in use) and simply move them into the custom scripts folder?

Will this speed things up?

Because honestly, the combination of the @!#$!@ mess of .var structure (duplication across them all because there's no standardization), combined with the sheer amount of content, requires so much micro-managing that it's becoming a barrier to enjoying anything.

Thoughts appreciated.

You already know the answer. Just gotta man up and do it. :LOL:

Backup, delete all VAR files (nothing in the Custom folder), load your favorite scene/look, and start adding back what you need. Repeat with your second favorite scene. I did this a week ago, and it's a totally different game. VAR folder 1/3 the size. 2+ minute start up is now 20 seconds. In-game file browser and morph/clothes tabs respond instantly. And not surprisingly, I wasn't using 70% of the old scenes and looks I had saved and less than that in content I really needed. And it's only a few minutes to fix if I need to. I wasted so much more time starting up the game, switching tabs, and trying to find an alternative to just starting over.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom