Post Processing

Plugins Post Processing

Actually I just had another idea that might work, instead of trying to retain the camera clear colour, instead just render a new "background" color to fragments that have no depth value.

The downsides are:
- MSAA will not work, things with a depth will have a hard pixel edge.
- Objects with alpha might end up weird if they didn't write to depth (haven't seen any major issues though)
- Will need Bloom/DoF disabled (I mean you can enable them, but weird stuff will happen).

If that seems okay it's something I can do I think.

Screenshot at 2023-09-06 05-14-18.png

Last edited:
419.png

Very good and easy to use plugin, thanks you!
but Is there a solution for the see through problem when used with the SSS plugin?

Very good and easy to use plugin, thanks you!
but Is there a solution for the see through problem when used with the SSS plugin?
I don't think I can fix that on my end unfortunately, it's an issue with how that plugin works.

I do plan to include my own version of SSS into Post Processing soon, but currently I am recovering from a drive failure so may be some time until the next update.

I don't think I can fix that on my end unfortunately, it's an issue with how that plugin works.

I do plan to include my own version of SSS into Post Processing soon, but currently I am recovering from a drive failure so may be some time until the next update.
That's great news! I will be looking forward to your future updates(y)

Oh damn dude, It is regrettable that happened to you :( I know the pains of driver failures all too well.

I hope you didn't lose anything of value that is separate and apart from your VaM work.

Oh damn dude, It is regrettable that happened to you :( I know the pains of driver failures all too well.

I hope you didn't lose anything of value that is separate and apart from your VaM work.
Gladly all my important stuff is backed up regularly to my NAS, didn't lose any of my VaM things or the source for the plugins thankfully!

Will just be a few weeks for the new drive to arrive until I'm fully back up and running with development (temporarily just running off a smaller SSD I had spare).

I tried to write a detailed post about why it won't work, but the hub won't let me post it because it's "too long" :rolleyes:

I guess the TLDR version: It just won't work.

If there's a demand for it I could probably add a setting which allows people to set the resolution scaling of VaMs built in "hiRes" screenshot camera. To me that seems like the best option even though I personally wouldn't use it.

Just so I understand the use case for SuperShot (I never use it):
  • You run VaM on a low resolution display
  • You want to take higher resolution screenshots than "native"
  • You don't want or can't use OS screenshot tools
If that's correct, then I think I can add an option to take higher resolution screenshots with VaM's built in hiResScreenshot camera.
I noticed that SuperShot was working for me before one of the most recent updates to this plugin. It didn't work with one of the earlier Post Processing versions, but seemed to work with later ones. I would have to reload SuperShot because the preview would be totally black, but then it worked fine after that. I guess this was before the major rewrite/refactor, though, so maybe it's not possible to get back to them working together. If there's some way of being able to set that resolution, and especially being able to change the dimensions (or at least flip between vertical and horizontal), that would be really cool. Do you think it's something that could be easier to fix on the other side -- as in changing SuperShot to work with Post Processing?

I noticed that SuperShot was working for me before one of the most recent updates to this plugin. It didn't work with one of the earlier Post Processing versions, but seemed to work with later ones. I would have to reload SuperShot because the preview would be totally black, but then it worked fine after that. I guess this was before the major rewrite/refactor, though, so maybe it's not possible to get back to them working together. If there's some way of being able to set that resolution, and especially being able to change the dimensions (or at least flip between vertical and horizontal), that would be really cool. Do you think it's something that could be easier to fix on the other side -- as in changing SuperShot to work with Post Processing?
From what I can understand supershot does work in some situations in v7, but there are conflicts between them because they are both trying to do stuff with Unity's post processor.

I think it's just easier if I just add options to post processing to let people control the aspect ratio/resolution of the built in hi res camera. This is hopefully what's on the way in v8 once I get fully up and running again:

Screenshot at 2023-09-20 07-36-24.png

Here's a beta version that supports changing the built in screenshot aspect ratio and resolution. Would appreciate it if you and anyone else could test it out.

Don't use it on any unsaved scenes, it may cause vam to crash. If it does crash let me know what GPU you are using, if it works fine let me know also :)

Attachments

• moyashi.PostProcessingBETA.3.var
    275.3 KB · Views: 0
Here's a beta version that supports changing the built in screenshot aspect ratio and resolution. Would appreciate it if you and anyone else could test it out.

Don't use it on any unsaved scenes, it may cause vam to crash. If it does crash let me know what GPU you are using, if it works fine let me know also :)
Skin textures don't seem to be showing up (I can only see clothes/hair/etc). Once when adding the plugin, it was showing the doubling/anti-aliasing effect that post-magic uses but with no way to turn it off -- maybe this was vignette or something? This was all in VR, by the way. No crashes, though.

Skin textures don't seem to be showing up (I can only see clothes/hair/etc). Once when adding the plugin, it was showing the doubling/anti-aliasing effect that post-magic uses but with no way to turn it off -- maybe this was vignette or something? This was all in VR, by the way. No crashes, though.
Ah using the screenshot function in VR? Will have a look, thanks for testing.

Found out the Post-Processing Plugin crashes VaM if someone(*) tries to load a second instance.
* = Definitely not me! I would never do such a stupid thing. ;) 🙈

Great work on your plugin! Always nice to have alternative options.

I noticed that as of v7 the bug involving Vamstory UI and zbuffer seems to be reintroduced 😱. The one where the Vamstory UI is able to be seen through any object/atom with this plugin and PostMagic enabled. I tested to make sure it wasn't in v3-v6 and it seems v7 is the version that brings it back. Probably due to the rewrite or something.

Another thing I noticed is that enabling/disabling the plugin through the Plugins menu or triggers doesn't seem to do anything. Would that be something you'd be able to add?

Last edited:
Huge thanks for implementing the resolution scale for screenshots in beta. Works great so far but either I'm doing smth wrong or higher resolution screenshot settings negates (lowers or turns off) the DOF. I've set up a scene with DOF (the one inbuilt in PP beta plugin) but when I took a screenshot with increased resolution scale feature it seems to come out like the DOF was not applied at all. Honestly haven't tried increasing the DOF impact to see if the DOF can overcome resolution increase (if I understand the sutiation correctly at all lol). Anyway, this stuff is great.

Huge thanks for implementing the resolution scale for screenshots in beta. Works great so far but either I'm doing smth wrong or higher resolution screenshot settings negates (lowers or turns off) the DOF. I've set up a scene with DOF (the one inbuilt in PP beta plugin) but when I took a screenshot with increased resolution scale feature it seems to come out like the DOF was not applied at all. Honestly haven't tried increasing the DOF impact to see if the DOF can overcome resolution increase (if I understand the sutiation correctly at all lol). Anyway, this stuff is great.
Scratch that. DOF is working in screenshot mode with upscale mode. Just needs some tweaking on users side. Thanks.

Hello, is it possible to make this plugin work with Eosin's VRRenderer? I see it "should" work with Post Magic according to the update, but I get nothing, and apparently it doesn't work with Sub Surface Scattering, so maybe that's why it won't work with Post Processing?

I think it would also be cool if you could implement a few mirorred aspect ratios to make vertical screenshots.

Hello, is it possible to make this plugin work with Eosin's VRRenderer? I see it "should" work with Post Magic according to the update, but I get nothing, and apparently it doesn't work with Sub Surface Scattering, so maybe that's why it won't work with Post Processing?
It works with v6 depending on which settings you use (don’t think I’ve tried v7). Everything on the first pane (lut, colors, etc) seems to not affect it. Make sure you check the include post processing effects checkbox (something like that) on VRRenderer.

It works with v6 depending on which settings you use (don’t think I’ve tried v7). Everything on the first pane (lut, colors, etc) seems to not affect it. Make sure you check the include post processing effects checkbox (something like that) on VRRenderer.
You're right. It works with v6, however it doesn't with v7. Thanks. With v6 I just need to reload VRRenderer and then preview window will reflect Post Processing changes. The checkbox you mentioned then ensures that screenshot taken actually matches the preview.

Last edited:
Hello again. Could you pls consider implementing a similar feature like the one that was added to latest Post Magic version? Meaning a dropdown/slider menu to cycle through LUTs that are in currently selected folder. So you can try out LUTs much faster for the scene instead of going over and over again through the manual LUT load process.

Hello again. Could you pls consider implementing a similar feature like the one that was added to latest Post Magic version? Meaning a dropdown/slider menu to cycle through LUTs that are in currently selected folder. So you can try out LUTs much faster for the scene instead of going over and over again through the manual LUT load process.

Echoing this request; that little change was quite nice for the last snippets of time I was using PostMagic prior to moving onto this. Would definitely make LUT decisions a lot easier.

Dunno' if you're still in the trenches with the remaining integrations you suggested you might do (AO and SSS), but even if you aren't, we salute you all the same. Seeing though that it's been a couple months since last Hub account login so...😿 The current version is pretty dang nice, though, so is what it is.

I mean shit, even just the NostrilFix plugin makes you a VaM legend in my eyes. 😁

Last edited:
I wish this wonderful plugin would be updated and maintained. It's awesome!

If there's a way to support you with the development, please let me know.

Amazing Plugin, i really like it.

I guess it is normal, that it affects every object in the scene?

Or is it possible to use it just for a singel CUA or just for the person?
That would be really nice

Back
Top Bottom