Post Processing

Plugins Post Processing

moyashi

Reactions
moyashi submitted a new resource:

Post Processing - Configurable post processing scene plugin

Consider this a beta/early version, there may be bugs, but it's been stable enough for me that I think it's okay to release. I'm actively working on adding more features and fixing issues, but let me know what you think.

Usage
Add the PostProcessing plugin to your scene, it will activate immediately with some opinionated defaults. This should get you up and running pretty quickly. Most features will work in both desktop and VR...

Read more about this resource...

Hey just downloaded it, also going to try it out! Thanks for making this. As much as ReShade is a great and powerful tool, it also really slows down my initial load time in VAM and does other funky stuff from time to time like reloading mid-scene. Seeing as this will be "native" to VAM so to speak as an actual plugin, I'm excited by the prospects!

Super interesting! Gonna try
Thanks, let me know if you run into any problems.

Hey just downloaded it, also going to try it out! Thanks for making this. As much as ReShade is a great and powerful tool, it also really slows down my initial load time in VAM and does other funky stuff from time to time like reloading mid-scene. Seeing as this will be "native" to VAM so to speak as an actual plugin, I'm excited by the prospects!
Indeed, that was essentially my reason for writing it as a plugin, love reshade but a lot of the shaders there are not very well optimised and you can easily tank your FPS, with this way I have a lot more control over how things work, and differernt configurations can be saved per scene (personally I use this feature a lot, you can create a beach scene with a warm sunset colour grading, or an office scene with a cold look).

Obviously it's not feasible to re-create reshade, but I'm looking into adding things like ambient occlusion, different anti-aliasing methods, FSR, DoF, etc...

i'll be interested in finding out whether or not this plugin can be used only with postmagic's chromatic aberration turned on, while avoiding issues. if so this will be a cool supplement to my scenes

i'll be interested in finding out whether or not this plugin can be used only with postmagic's chromatic aberration turned on, while avoiding issues. if so this will be a cool supplement to my scenes
I think it might be easier to just add chromatic aberration to this plugin, will look into it.

Hey, this is very nice. As a feature request, would it be possible to make it work with AcidBubble's Embody? Right now if you enable passenger mode for the atom, head is always forced to draw in that mode, and it's supposed to not render when you're possesing the atom, (but that's the issue with other post processing plugins like Subsurface Scattering etc, so not sure if fixable. As a workaround one can simply move Embody camera in front of the head).

I tested by making a screenshot, but looks like it does work with Eosin's Render VR, which is very nice. Post processing doesn't show up on the VR Render preview camera in game, but actual screenshot does have your plugin effect.

EDIT: Looks like Position Y: 0.01 and Position Z: 0.06 for Embody seems like it makes it good again without drastic movement of camera.

Last edited:
Hey, this is very nice. As a feature request, would it be possible to make it work with AcidBubble's Embody? Right now if you enable passenger mode for the atom, head is always forced to draw in that mode, and it's supposed to not render when you're possesing the atom, (but that's the issue with other post processing plugins like Subsurface Scattering etc, so not sure if fixable. As a workaround one can simply move Embody camera in front of the head).
Hmm, I'll have a look at how Embody works and see if anything can be done, it's possible I'll be able to get it working.

Hi!

Don't know if this is just a problem on my end or if it's a bug. But Vamstory isn't working when this plugin is on. As soon as I delete it from the scene, Vamstory pops back again. Anyone notice this?

Hi!

Don't know if this is just a problem on my end or if it's a bug. But Vamstory isn't working when this plugin is on. As soon as I delete it from the scene, Vamstory pops back again. Anyone notice this?
Ok so if I have postmagic on, but with no effects toggled, vamstory appears again.

Hi!

Hmm, do you have an example scene I can look at? It could be vamstory is rendering to an unusual layer that I haven't accounted for.

Here you go.
Steps to reproduce.

1. Start default scene
2. Add VamStory to empty atom
3. Add PostProcessing to scene plugin.

Also tried with no session plugins, and the result was the same.

Hope this helps!

Attachments

• Send to moyashi.json
    115.4 KB · Views: 0
Here you go.
Steps to reproduce.

1. Start default scene
2. Add VamStory to empty atom
3. Add PostProcessing to scene plugin.

Also tried with no session plugins, and the result was the same.

Hope this helps!
Thanks, I can reproduce it, quite odd, vamstory is rendering to the UI layer but it's not appearing on the camera... will investigate.

Cool, found the problem, I was overwriting the zbuffer in a place I shouldn't have been, that would have been causing other bugs too so thanks for reporting that. I'll hopefully release a new version some time tomorrow along with a couple of other refinements.

Cool, found the problem, I was overwriting the zbuffer in a place I shouldn't have been, that would have been causing other bugs too so thanks for reporting that. I'll hopefully release a new version some time tomorrow along with a couple of other refinements.

That sound awesome! Thanks for the help and the plugin :)

That sound awesome! Thanks for the help and the plugin :)
I'm fairly sure I've fixed the issue with VamStory (and probably some other plugins) with this latest release, but if you could try it just to make sure I'd appreciate it.

I'm fairly sure I've fixed the issue with VamStory (and probably some other plugins) with this latest release, but if you could try it just to make sure I'd appreciate it.
Yes it works fine now. Thanks!

Got another thing. When using PostProcessing and Subsurface Scattering , you can see siluet of that person through objects (and other persons). Kind of hard to describe so i'll attach a picture and an example scene. You will need Subsurface Scattering for the scene though since it's a paid plugin. Maybe the picture will be enough.

Thanks in advance and sorry for dumping a lot of bugs on you :/
Capture.PNG

Attachments

• Send to moyashi2.json
    120.9 KB · Views: 0
Got another thing. When using PostProcessing and Subsurface Scattering , you can see siluet of that person through objects (and other persons). Kind of hard to describe so i'll attach a picture and an example scene. You will need Subsurface Scattering for the scene though since it's a paid plugin. Maybe the picture will be enough.
Yep have noticed this too, I will have another look into fixing it but that plugin is using some "interesting" techniques to render over the skin, it may not be possible for me to fix.

I have plans to implement my own subsurface scattering (I have some code I wrote a few years back which essentially does subsurface scattering as a post processing effect, just need to see if it can be ported to VaM or not), hopefully in a more performant way, but I can't give any timeframe on that. Just know that it's on my radar because I love subsurface scattering too :)

moyashi updated Post Processing with a new update entry:

Version 4

• Changed license to CC-BY-SA
  • Added new atmospheric scattering effect (only partially working in VR for now until I work out some issues)
  • Now supports wider variety of LUTs without visual artifacts.
  • Improved custom LUT file browsing experience
  • Changed suggested LUT path for better VAR detection.
  • Fixed layer mask preventing some scenes from rendering correctly (eg. https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/dragons-nest-t7.37796/)
  • Added new tabbed UI... mostly so...

Read the rest of this update entry...

The atmosphere effect is great but because it doesn't seem to work with postmagic (as mentioned). I can't do anything to get the DoF effect I typically rely on from postmagic. It would be great if they could be compatible but I don't know enough about this stuff to know if it is possible.

Also, not sure if this is intended or not but with all other settings off and just a lut loaded the results between the same lut in this vs post magic is very different which makes using this as a replacement for postmagic a little difficult as we would have to redo all presets or make all new ones.

For what it is worth I started typing this out this morning before the latest "5" update and maybe the contrast thing mentioned in the update makes luts a closer match. I will test again with update later.

VaM 2023-08-18 11-09-51.jpg
VaM 2023-08-18 11-09-07.jpg
VaM 2023-08-18 11-07-14.jpg
VaM 2023-08-18 11-06-47.jpg

Also, not sure if this is intended or not but with all other settings off and just a lut loaded the results between the same lut in this vs post magic is very different which makes using this as a replacement for postmagic a little difficult as we would have to redo all presets or make all new ones.
Yep there was an issue with applying the LUTs, has been fixed in v5.

The atmosphere effect is great but because it doesn't seem to work with postmagic (as mentioned). I can't do anything to get the DoF effect I typically rely on from postmagic. It would be great if they could be compatible but I don't know enough about this stuff to know if it is possible.
The plan with DoF was to use https://gpuopen.com/fidelityfx-dof/ but it's taking a little longer than I hoped to implement, I might look into enabling the built in DoF (which has some problems, but better than nothing) as a stopgap.

Back
Top Bottom