• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

PosingHelper

Plugins PosingHelper 3.7

Great update! Haven't thought about controlling states from the UI, but it's very useful. As always, I have couple of comments, but those are minor things:

- undo doesn't seem to work if you move controllers with the space + mouse (but it works when using plugin's world UI). Also it doesn't seem to work when you make changes in symmetry mode. Pretty minor though and not an issue, I am using space + mouse rarely I noticed.
- suggestion: linking selected controllers is awesome, but a toggle somewhere to swap to physics link instead of parent link would've been great. There is use case for both.

Another small thing: if you have selected right side controllers and hit symmetry, it will still have right side selected, so you have to manually swap to left side. It's not even a bug, gotta remember to do symmetry from left side.. but you know, just saying :giggle:

Last edited:
Great update! Haven't thought about controlling states from the UI, but it's very useful. As always, I have couple of comments, but those are minor things:

- undo doesn't seem to work if you move controllers with the space + mouse (but it works when using plugin's world UI). Also it doesn't seem to work when you make changes in symmetry mode. Pretty minor though and not an issue, I am using space + mouse rarely I noticed.
- suggestion: linking selected controllers is awesome, but a toggle somewhere to swap to physics link instead of parent link would've been great. There is use case for both.

Another small thing: if you have selected right side controllers and hit symmetry, it will still have right side selected, so you have to manually swap to left side. It's not even a bug, gotta remember to do symmetry from left side.. but you know, just saying :giggle:
glad you liked it.
yeah i can add a separate button for physical linking i just didn't knew what it does. i think i'll patch it in today if i get the time.

so for the symmetry thing i think i could just clear all selected controllers or automatically select the right side for the user. i'll have to look into it.

I think simply forcing to select opposite controller(s) side for the user (left), if symmetry is toggled on the right, would be best. If you just clear all controllers without selecting good ones, it will add potential hassle of re-clicking them anyway.

Thank you for this! This is perfect <3

Now if only we had a way to save camera positions

Hey there, I tried one of your early versions a few weeks ago and did not think it would work for my use but I just tried one of your more recent versions (v. 11) and it's much better. Thanks for continuing to work on this.

My main request would be a way to click and activate multiple body parts at once. For example, let's say I want the model to rotate their upper body to the left. To do that now I have to click on chest then rotate, then click on waist and rotate, then pelvis, and so on. It would be great if I could click on chest, waist, pelvis and hip all at once then rotate the model. Or maybe there is a way to do this I did not find? I saw the Link button but that didn't seem to do anything, and I never liked the link option anyhow when posing. It just seemed to be too complicated. I'd rather just click on any body part or parts I want to move and just do it.

Hey there, I tried one of your early versions a few weeks ago and did not think it would work for my use but I just tried one of your more recent versions (v. 11) and it's much better. Thanks for continuing to work on this.

My main request would be a way to click and activate multiple body parts at once. For example, let's say I want the model to rotate their upper body to the left. To do that now I have to click on chest then rotate, then click on waist and rotate, then pelvis, and so on. It would be great if I could click on chest, waist, pelvis and hip all at once then rotate the model. Or maybe there is a way to do this I did not find? I saw the Link button but that didn't seem to do anything, and I never liked the link option anyhow when posing. It just seemed to be too complicated. I'd rather just click on any body part or parts I want to move and just do it.
glad you liked it. you should be on the latest version tho it's 14

ok so you actually can select multiple parts you just have to be holding shift while selecting the parts you want. also the link button can be helpful with certain types of poses. its all mentioned in the Overview section.yeah it's allot to read, but it covers every thing this plugin has to offer with pictures.

you should be on the latest version tho it's 14

I saw your post about v. 12 crashing VaM and wanted to wait a little while longer before moving to 14. :)

Thanks for the "shift" clip, I missed that feature and will try it.

So i'm changing the keybindings in the gui to custom ones and that works great in a scene. But at as soon as I close it and open again the keys are reset to standard.
Am I doing something wrong here?

So i'm changing the keybindings in the gui to custom ones and that works great in a scene. But at as soon as I close it and open again the keys are reset to standard.
Am I doing something wrong here?
at the moment the plugin doesn't save the changes you make . it will be added in the next update. im just busy with some exams.

Ruvik updated PosingHelper with a new update entry:

removed the "Add button", sliders and toggles now save*(read the details)

sorry for taking almost two weeks to update.

Removed the "Add button":
. now characters are automatically added.
. added a refresh button incase you add , remove or rename a character

Sliders and toggles now save:
. the two sliders and the inverse toggles now save their values.
. key bindings still revert to their default values, make them save would require the user to export and import a JSON folder.
. being a simple plugin i think it's a little...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Would it be possible to integrate the IK link and reset functions with the keybinding plugin? It would really help some workflows <3

Would it be possible to integrate the IK link and reset functions with the keybinding plugin? It would really help some workflows <3
here's the thing. i don't even think you can integrate things with the keybinding plugin without actually modifying the source, but i can easily add another keybinding with my own simple system. didn't think i would need to add them as keybinding since they are accessible from plugin UI , but sure i'll add them next update :). hopefully this week.

Could you expose your apply IK link button to accept trigger activation? Because I think it would be harder to make the UI fit into VR, but your application method of the IK link works great for vr posing.

Could you expose your apply IK link button to accept trigger activation? Because I think it would be harder to make the UI fit into VR, but your application method of the IK link works great for vr posing.
it's already accessible through keybindings by the name "ik link" , if that's what you mean.
if not can you tell me what trigger activation is and an example of a plugin that you can use it with?

Sure and Ill use keybindings by Acid Bubbles as examples. You made the profile to enable Acid bubbles plugin to control the application of the IK Link right? But dedicating a button on the VR controller is a big decision to the 5 buttons available on the controller. So instead I usually code VAM UI button and the trigger associated to control the settings of a plugin while I'm in the VR environment instead of setting these buttons to keybindings.

Right now your settings don't look for activation from the triggers that exist within VAM, such as the trigger buttons. If you strategically enabled these, such for my case, as with the IK link to toggle, or just enable from a triggered action within VAM, instead of only from the UI button, that would be ideal for VR users. Right now, I have to take off the vr headset when I have to interact with your UI option on the keyboard and this is not the best.

Hu @Ruvik can you please tell me what these mean, why it matters, and how to use them:
LOCAL:
. local: the movement is based on the characters transform.
. cam: the movement is based on the camera transform.

Also, I noticed we can use the keyboard, but how do I map them in Acid's keybinding program or other wise please?

Hu @Ruvik can you please tell me what these mean, why it matters, and how to use them:
LOCAL:
. local: the movement is based on the characters transform.
. cam: the movement is based on the camera transform.

Also, I noticed we can use the keyboard, but how do I map them in Acid's keybinding program or other wise please?
so the local and cam are ways of moving bones.

say you move the hand in the positive Z axis.
local: the hand will move in the direction that is forward relative to the character , i.e where it is looking (assuming the head and nick are at zero rotation)
cam: the hand will move in the direction that is forward relative to you, i.e always forward to where you're looking.

say you move the hand in the positive X axis.
local: the hand will move in the direction that is right relative to the character , i.e where it is looking (assuming the head and nick are at zero rotation)
cam: the hand will move in the direction that is right relative to you, i.e always forward to where you're looking.
hope that clears that up

about keybindings.
so in earlier versions they used to be built in , but due to how bad it functioned i removed it and started relying on acid's plugin.
so just add it and type PH in search and you'll find all available shortcuts.

Hey @Ruvik the more I use this and get use to the workflow the more astounded this plugin is, thank you for releasing this. Is there a setting that allow me to when clicking on the hand the control focus also goes to the hand or whatever respective control in your menu? That's the only thing missing if that's not a feature...yet ;)

Hey @Ruvik the more I use this and get use to the workflow the more astounded this plugin is, thank you for releasing this. Is there a setting that allow me to when clicking on the hand the control focus also goes to the hand or whatever respective control in your menu? That's the only thing missing if that's not a feature...yet ;)
thank you, it means a lot to me when i hear that people actually find value in what i make. also sure , i'll look into it as soon as i can.

Ruvik updated PosingHelper with a new update entry:

added Focus, added triggers and some bug fixes.

. Focus credit (cmramlow)
. added a focus toggle in the screen UI
. added two toggles in the plugin UI (for the default focus functionality leave them both checked)
. toggle the focus to focus on any body part you select.

. Triggers credit (maskedman3)
. every functionality now has it's trigger for VR users

. bugs Fixed
. mirroring not working while in IK mode ( by extension symmetry is...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thank you very much for adding the new features and update @Ruvik!

Is there a way to activate/deactivate the UI like we used to be able to do without having to use acid's keybinding plugin?

1682724016045.png

Nevermind @Ruvik I see how easy it is to setup :)
1682724480875.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom