Question No texture with pubic hair and underwear shows through clothes

bigcat

Reactions
No idea what is causing this but very annoying and I've tried a new install and it suddenly happens again. The no texture thing looks pure white in the crotch area. The underwear does the superman outside the clothes thing as the clothing seems to lose alpha over any other clothing layer.

-Make sure Shader Quality is not too low, it's common "issue" with pubic hair and some hairstyles (white crotch/messed up hair).
-If you have transparent underwear try tweaking renderQueue for underwear material, if you can't see pubic hair.

Upvote 0
-Make sure Shader Quality is not too low, it's common "issue" with pubic hair and some hairstyles (white crotch/messed up hair).
-If you have transparent underwear try tweaking renderQueue for underwear material, if you can't see pubic hair.

Thank you. You are 112% correct. Was trying to get my crummy computer to give better FPS and dropped Shader Quality to Low.

Upvote 0
Thank you. You are 112% correct. Was trying to get my crummy computer to give better FPS and dropped Shader Quality to Low.
Medium option mostly works (not on everything).
Hairstyles eat fps like crazy, aside from lowering Density and Multiplier there's also shader type option (look tab).
Going from Quality to Fast could give you few frames, but it does look kinda off (especially in dark environment).

Upvote 0
Medium option mostly works (not on everything).
Hairstyles eat fps like crazy, aside from lowering Density and Multiplier there's also shader type option (look tab).
Going from Quality to Fast could give you few frames, but it does look kinda off (especially in dark environment).

Thanks for the tips. It works pretty well on desktop but tanks on VR. I'm attempting a more modern router as I'm using Quest 2 and wireless. I have hopes that will help some.

Upvote 0
Even with a monster PC, the hair is one of the things that really eats up the frames in VaM.
But IMHO the shader quality is only a small thing compared to a ridiculous high hair segment count of some hair styles.
Every time I use a new downloaded hairstyle, I usually open up the hair settings and crank down the performance heavy physics settings as low as possible. And even with this… some hair styles are created with enormous settings and multiple parts right from the start. Those hairstyles, no matter how good they may look, should be IMHO avoided with slow PCs, especially in VR.

Upvote 0
Even with a monster PC, the hair is one of the things that really eats up the frames in VaM.
But IMHO the shader quality is only a small thing compared to a ridiculous high hair segment count of some hair styles.
Every time I use a new downloaded hairstyle, I usually open up the hair settings and crank down the performance heavy physics settings as low as possible. And even with this… some hair styles are created with enormous settings and multiple parts right from the start. Those hairstyles, no matter how good they may look, should be IMHO avoided with slow PCs, especially in VR.

That is good advice. I attempt to remember to kick up any new looks I get and drop the hair down to 16 and 16 and only one or two parts, unless this creates a big problem with the look. I hadn't thought of doing that to the hairstyles themselves. Good idea. Thanks.

Upvote 0
For me it usually is 16 and 16 AT MAX. ;)
I always go as low as possible. Performance is expensive in VaM.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom