Question CUA collision with clothes/hair?

urukyay

Featured Contributor
Reactions
I've made a set of horns as a custom prop that I've added some sphere colliders to, but they don't collide with hair. Is it possible to modify the colliders in unity so they work with clothes and hair in VaM? From previous searches and questions, I believe the hair and clothes systems use a different set colliders in the gpu, so is it possible to somehow flag them in unity as such? From what I understand it's impossible to add them at runtime, forexample with a script, so it has to be done in the prop itself, beforehand.

Or do CUA collisions simply not work with the cloth and hair systems?

The alternative that I'm exploring is to just parent invisible builtin capsules everywhere and manipulate their colliders with the editor plugin, but it is somewhat cumbersome to do this by hand, and it has its own issues with saving the prop and the capsules together.

I'm not sure about hair, but cloth simulation in Unity (and by extension VaM) requires a predefined array of colliders (either sphere pairs that define the bounds of a "capsule", or box colliders). That being said, I also know that VaM uses a proprietary system of "autocolliders" that are programmatically added and controlled. I have no idea if or how that system interacts with the clothing simulation. The best place to start there would probably be to take a look at AcidBubbles collider editor script to see how those colliders are referenced/modified. It may be possible to add your asset colliders to the array or list of colliders on a person atom via script, but I can't tell you if or how it might be possible.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom