need help with importing cloth

externallink

Reactions

this is a Genesis 8 female clothes that I'm trying to import it, and as you can see in the picture I've got a Weird Distortion around chest and bottom, And I have no idea how to fix it can anyone give me advice on this ?

The characters in Vam are Genesis 2. So if you want to use Genesis 8 clothing, it has to be adjusted to fit Genesis 2, before saving the scene.
My understanding is that Vam 2 will support Genesis 8, but at best it might come out start next year, maybe a beta some time before.

it has to be adjusted to fit Genesis 2, before saving the scene.

thanks for the reply, can you teach me how to do that ? i think i tried everything that i can think of but its not helping me that much because of my low knowledge on daz studio, i can do 3d modeling and stuff but i have no idea what to do when it comes to daz studio and Vam modding

Default, Daz Studio does not support autofit from genesis 8 to genesis 2.
I thought that there was a clone in the shop, but I couldn't find one, so unfortunately, I think you have to do it manually. And doing it manually would be really hard to do inside Daz Studio, as it doesn't have the nescessarry tools. If I were to do it, I would export base genesis 2 and the clothing to a modelling program, and then do the adjustments in there. When fitted, you would have to import it back into Studio, so it could be saved as a scene.
I have never tried fittimg an genesis 8 item, as I have always modelled it from scrath.

If you do not know any modelling program, I think you are out of luck. I'm sorry.
If you want to try, I can recommend Blender, as it is open-source, and you therefore can get it for free. That is what I am using.

Unfortunately this are the typical "problematic areas" of the DAZ figures in DAZ and VaM for some reasons. In DAZ you can try to set up a Genesis 2 female with the "3feetwolfes New Genitalia For Victoria 6" Version 1 (!), as this are the genitals that VaM is using. But I doubt this will help a lot, because I sometimes get those issues even with original Genesis 2 clothes.
For a more basic approach: There are some (paid) converters out there, like "Genesis 3 clothes for Genesis 2" or "Victoria 7 clothes for Victoria 6". Because I was using DAZ many years before even dreaming of things like VaM, have most of them and lost the overview about what is working out of the box, and what is needed from 3rd party sellers. Nevertheless, for exporting clothes to VaM you first have to set up a genesis female in DAZ and you have to fit the clothes to this figure. Autofitting them with those 3rd party plugins are a very big help. One click and the Genesis 3 clothes perfectly fits to the Genesis 2 figure. I never found a "Genesis 8 to Genesis 2", so I usually first autofit a Genesis 8 cloth to Genesis 3, save it, load Genesis 2 and then I fit this cloth to it.

Back to the pictured issues... If you correctly fitted the clothes to Genesis 2 before exporting to VaM and still can't get rid of the distortions, try the usual "one medicine good for all issues" and export the clothes (without the figure) as OBJ or FBX and re-import and re-fit it in DAZ, etc... There are some more things you could try in DAZ with different re-projections, changing the geometry and stuff like this, but those things are way to difficult, even to explain it (it's late). Maybe someone else would like to do this instead. But if it is me, at some point it isn't worth all the hassle any more.

Because the most simple solution for this issue, if you can't get rid of it, is to add physics to the clothes in VaM. This will "iron-out" most issues of this kind. At some cases, especially with the nipples, you can't do nothing but accept it. VaM is no sort of exact rocket science and some things simply don't work perfectly.

If I were to do it, I would export base genesis 2 and the clothing to a modelling program, and then do the adjustments in there. When fitted, you would have to import it back into Studio, so it could be saved as a scene.
I have never tried fittimg an genesis 8 item, as I have always modelled it from scrath.

If you do not know any modelling program, I think you are out of luck. I'm sorry.

i know how to work with modelling program, i just don't get which one is the one that i have to make a adjustments because of there's so little information abut vam modding (there is some but it's outdated)

Unfortunately this are the typical "problematic areas" of the DAZ figures in DAZ and VaM for some reasons. In DAZ you can try to set up a Genesis 2 female with the "3feetwolfes New Genitalia For Victoria 6" Version 1 (!), as this are the genitals that VaM is using. But I doubt this will help a lot, because I sometimes get those issues even with original Genesis 2 clothes.
For a more basic approach: There are some (paid) converters out there, like "Genesis 3 clothes for Genesis 2" or "Victoria 7 clothes for Victoria 6". Because I was using DAZ many years before even dreaming of things like VaM, have most of them and lost the overview about what is working out of the box, and what is needed from 3rd party sellers. Nevertheless, for exporting clothes to VaM you first have to set up a genesis female in DAZ and you have to fit the clothes to this figure. Autofitting them with those 3rd party plugins are a very big help. One click and the Genesis 3 clothes perfectly fits to the Genesis 2 figure. I never found a "Genesis 8 to Genesis 2", so I usually first autofit a Genesis 8 cloth to Genesis 3, save it, load Genesis 2 and then I fit this cloth to it.

Back to the pictured issues... If you correctly fitted the clothes to Genesis 2 before exporting to VaM and still can't get rid of the distortions, try the usual "one medicine good for all issues" and export the clothes (without the figure) as OBJ or FBX and re-import and re-fit it in DAZ, etc... There are some more things you could try in DAZ with different re-projections, changing the geometry and stuff like this, but those things are way to difficult, even to explain it (it's late). Maybe someone else would like to do this instead. But if it is me, at some point it isn't worth all the hassle any more.

Because the most simple solution for this issue, if you can't get rid of it, is to add physics to the clothes in VaM. This will "iron-out" most issues of this kind. At some cases, especially with the nipples, you can't do nothing but accept it. VaM is no sort of exact rocket science and some things simply don't work perfectly.

Thanks for the clarification TToby

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom