Morphs breaking physics in timeline animations

Phawniks

Reactions
I've suddenly found my timeline animations breaking due to certain morphs and poses being keyframed in them.

bug1.png

The morphs that do and don't have this problem is not consistent. It only occurs when there is a keyrframe of that morph included in the animation and it seems to affect hands and feet even when they themselves are not keyframed in the animation.

Looking for any input on what's causing this.

Thanks in advance.

That might be an issue with animating morphs that have bone morphs aka bone formulas. Bone formulas cause physics to reset on the bone and all of its child bones every time the morph is adjusted, which can cause issues when animating and is bad for performance as well.

I checked and the AA Lick 3 morph you're using does indeed have bone morphs:

1728558528887.png

Now, I don't know if this is what causes the issue in your video, but it's something you can test.

A VAM morph consists of two parts
- list of vertex deltas - how much each skin vertex should move and in what direction as you adjust the morph value
- list of formulas, which can include morph formulas or bone formulas; morph formulas are used for morph controlled morphs, where the morph's value drives another morph's value, and bone formulas are used to offset the rotation or position of specific bones in the body

That's it! I wasn't checking which ones I was using for bone morphs so that clarifies things alot. I haven't yet figured out why it started happening but thank you for the input. I'll post another reply here if I get to the bottom of it.

Back
Top Bottom