Question Micro Displacement for Camera in VaM for slower computers as a plug in?

virtamater

Reactions

I forgot how useful this was in Blender when I did large scenes.. It just dawned on me that I'm not sure if this is something that VaM already does... or if there is an opportunity for one of our awesome plug in creators to take a stab at this and implement it for some of our friends that have clunky computers and have already tried the Gimme FPS...

I wasnt really thinking terrains though. I guess my question is... Does VaM already forget about the rest of the scene that's not in the view while we are looking around and if not, Is it possible to apply that kind of logic to it in a somewhat easy way? is it worth it to try? Like if Im looking at boobs.. get it to forget about the butt or her hair.. only deal with whats in the fov

Upvote 0
When you look away from the model in Vam, the fps shoots up. So yeah, I'd guess it's only rendering what you can see. I'm not up on the technical side of things, but that seems like a totally obvious optimization trick. I'd bet it's a standard Unity thing, not something Meshed needed to program into Vam.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom