• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Solved Maybe I'm not tech savvy enough?

wickedninja8599

Reactions
I download VaM, and VaMx and all the packages on the VaMX link page has me download and yet there is still a bunch of addons that are missing even after that. Every scene and everything I do has the red box listing a bunch of missing things. Is this app/game only meant for people who do coding? I don't know what to do! Can you help? (Example Below)

IMG_6585.JPG

Solution
You don't need to be a developer to use this, but this is also a enthusiast software where the community content can require you to learn a lot of things and resolve some problems.
I hope you went through the many tutorials you can find on using VaM, especially the ones mentioning dependencies and how to get them. If you haven't, then do that.

You don't need to be a developer to "decode" the error messages, just take a closer look to what it says. All the ones saying "missing addon package" + package name, are for dependencies that you don't have and are required. Download them and those errors go away, although others may appear later.
The first one I suspect it's a problem with the mentioned VAR, maybe your download of the VAR was...
You don't need to be a developer to use this, but this is also a enthusiast software where the community content can require you to learn a lot of things and resolve some problems.
I hope you went through the many tutorials you can find on using VaM, especially the ones mentioning dependencies and how to get them. If you haven't, then do that.

You don't need to be a developer to "decode" the error messages, just take a closer look to what it says. All the ones saying "missing addon package" + package name, are for dependencies that you don't have and are required. Download them and those errors go away, although others may appear later.
The first one I suspect it's a problem with the mentioned VAR, maybe your download of the VAR was corrupted. Delete it and redownload.
The last one is a problem with version 9 of the ascorad.expressions VAR. It's not something you can fix, but you can mark the VAR that has this dependency to ignore dependency errors in Package Manager (VaM UI).

For more information about errors you may come across:

Upvote 1
Solution

The first one I suspect it's a problem with the mentioned VAR, maybe your download of the VAR was corrupted. Delete it and redownload.
The last one is a problem with version 9 of the ascorad.expressions VAR. It's not something you can fix, but you can mark the VAR that has this dependency to ignore dependency errors in Package Manager (VaM UI).

For more information about errors you may come across:
Yeah, I figured out what to do after I posted this. My bad. Thank you for the reply.

Upvote 0
I will say that I am missing YameteOuiji.Preset_skirt_002Pleated_Mako.latest and the Wix site everyone has posted is no longer available and I can't find it elsewhere which is annoying.

Upvote 0
Btw, you have a strange warning at the top saying "cannot find central directory".
Ensure your game is installed in a proper directory (like your game folder), not a secured system directory (like System32)... to avoid any issue.

Upvote 0
Btw, you have a strange warning at the top saying "cannot find central directory".
Ensure your game is installed in a proper directory (like your game folder), not a secured system directory (like System32)... to avoid any issue.
It's installed on the desktop

Upvote 0
Im getting the same types of errors...does VAM need to be installed on the same drive as Windows?? I have mine installed on a separate internal drive.

Upvote 0
No. I have it on a separate drive. You need to have proper permissions and read/write authorizations. That's all.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom