• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Question Ryzen 9 3950x, 64gb ram, RTX 2080 TI not enough for running at 60fps with 3 People. Are you kidding me?

Originally, I went 1080 instead of 1080ti, cuz the price difference was like $200 USD, and the performance of the 1080ti was actually worse then the 1080 for gaming. Over time tho, that started to change, and the 1080ti eventually came out on top, but only by a little(in games). As far as rendering goes, and applications that require a lot of VRAM (basically everything other then games(with a few exceptions of course)) I felt my 1080's always came up short. I constantly ran into issues where 8gbs, was simply not enough for rendering some scenes. And going SLI made performance in most rendering engines awful. I regretted not dishing out the extra to get the 1080ti.

If you primarily use your video card for VaM, then I'd go with the RTX 3070ti. Cuz one day you may regret not getting it. And Considering the price difference is only $100 USD, If I was in your position, I would jump on the 3070ti when it came out. HOWEVER! if AMD's cards appear to be getting praise, and there aren't any driver complaints by that time, you may want to heavily consider an AMD as an alternative, as you will get a better bang for the buck.
I definitely understand you're point. I've made the mistake of buying the cheaper card and then regretting it because it didn't do the job. I think I'll wait till all the cards are in stock and then see how the prices compare. Thanks for you help.

Upvote 0
What about the 6800xt or 6900xt? that's on my "upgrade list". I've got a 2080ti currently (wife would get it for her rig if I upgrade). She has a 5700xt which has been a great card (some issues with drivers, had to shut all the extras off in the amd gpu software and haven't had any issues since).

Upvote 0

CPUControl allows you to make your multicore CPU use multiple cores on any running application regardless its coding... Makes heaps of difference for me in everything I run on my PC from music DAWs to benchmarking to gaming.. its a daily driver for me. ;) (y)

my Specs are:
R9 3900x
1080TI 11g
32gb @ 3200mhz

With no clothing i can have up 5 or 6 characters onscreen with only marginal slowdown..

To use CPUControl, install it..run it...click on "Manual" then minimize it..dont close it.. Curious to hear results from others..

Upvote 0

CPUControl allows you to make your multicore CPU use multiple cores on any running application regardless its coding... Makes heaps of difference for me in everything I run on my PC from music DAWs to benchmarking to gaming.. its a daily driver for me. ;) (y)

my Specs are:
R9 3900x
1080TI 11g
32gb @ 3200mhz

With no clothing i can have up 5 or 6 characters onscreen with only marginal slowdown..

To use CPUControl, install it..run it...click on "Manual" then minimize it..dont close it.. Curious to hear results from others..

I'd have to say I'm skeptical that an app coded in 2008 is going to manage my 12-core ryzen 9 well. Anything more current?

Upvote 0
CPUControl allows you to make your multicore CPU use multiple cores on any running application regardless its coding.
If there is any app promising that it HAS to be bogus, because that kind of thing is not possible in the current understanding of computer science. Working for arbitary software would probably mean someone solved the Halting problem, which was mathematically proven to be impossible in 1936 by Alan Turing.

However, from the description I think what this actually does is simply manage thread affinity, which is a feature of the operating system. It doesn't magically split one thread into multiple, it just lets you manually control which application thread runs on which core. For example you could ban any non-VaM (like background applications and the OS itself) thread to a single core, so the rest of the cores are fully available for VaM. Or give one exclusive core to the VaM main thread.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is it possible to set VAM automaticaly to Real time for process priority ? i cannot do it ingame.

Also it just start to wonder me whats wrong with my VAM that with just 3 persons (clothed woman nice hairs) in default vam Old style room i got 10 FPS in vr. ( 1.0 render,6 ligths cound, 1 physicsproces , 72hz refres. 10900K , 4200 ram 32 GB, 3090 gpu.

Upvote 0
If there is any app promising that it HAS to be bogus, because that kind of thing is not possible in the current understanding of computer science. Working for arbitary software would probably mean someone solved the Halting problem, which was mathematically proven to be impossible in 1936 by Alan Turing.

However, from the description I think what this actually does is simply manage thread affinity, which is a feature of the operating system. It doesn't magically split one thread into multiple, it just lets you manually control which application thread runs on which core. For example you could ban any non-VaM (like background applications and the OS itself) thread to a single core, so the rest of the cores are fully available for VaM. Or give one exclusive core to the VaM main thread.

Process lasso looks to do this with a complex UI.. and its last version is in April 2021... Something else to play with, I'm sure.
Bitsum. Real-time CPU Optimization and Automation

It doesn't appear to do as much for my Ryzen 9, 3900X 12-core/EVGA Hydro copper RTX 2080 Super, as turning off soft body physics, but I'm sure I haven't tweaked it, just pushing the VAM process threads to high priority in I/O and CPU. I ran C&G-STUDIO.Booty_X-Mas_2020.1.var at max, with 8x MSAA, with the in scene mirror on and choked down to 15fps -- but it was possible with process lasso pro balancing it @3440x1400 With soft body off and the same specs, it averages 35-40 FPS. I can see that it's actively balancing threads -- who knows.. its possibly better than nothing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have a RTX 3080 and a i9 10900K and Ooshi'S latest work https://www.patreon.com/posts/zara-look-hair-50016281 is a stutterfest . I have Render Scale 1.2 and tried some more settings but overall using HQ Assets here even a RTX 3080 isnt enough as it seems ;D But so far this is one of the few Looks which shows me the Hardware Limits. And here it is a Single Person in a Look. But the Environment kills the Performance.
So i guess the 3070ti with more VRAM should perform better than my RTX 3080 Gaming OC .

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi @Lione,
I really don't think it is a Hardware issue, but an issue with the old Unity engine used by VaM. This is something that is adressed in VaM V2.x, once it is done.
It would only be a VRAM issue, if you load more than 10GB of textures etc. into the GPUs memory. Those mentioned scene isn't that big but would be even a problem for my RX6900xt with 16GB. I didn't looked at that scene, but I bet it has multiple light sources for somwhat making the figure looking good or for desktop only use. Try to delete all light sources except one and I bet the stuttering will be gone. Multiple light sources are brutal in high VR resolutions.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom