Question Making alterations to a VAR file

Aged_one

Reactions
On two LOOKS packages I downloaded, the author recommends opening the dependency and altering paths so the VAR file points to female rather than male.
( It is kemenate.Male_Iris_Reflection.2.var, by the way).

I use Peazip (latest) and have been unable to open, alter and re-VAR this file.

Might someone please nudge me in the right direction for handling and zipping VAR files?

Thank you!

What always works for me is simply changing the .var file extension to a .zip file extension. Then you can unzip the files without any 3rd party software, put them back in (or make a new file with the .zip extension if the folder structure changes a lot) and then change the extension to .var again.

For 3rd party software though I do like to use 7zip, which also works, because it makes it really easy to simply edit text files (such as .json files) with the .var in place and then immediately update the .var in place. With 7zip installed just right click on the file and open with 7zip.

Upvote 0
Thank you very much! And no, don't worry I won't be redistributing anything. I just needed to understand how I can make the changes to this one Var package for myself.

Upvote 0
I was curious about why an author would ask you to modify a VAR, so I looked around. Looks like it's KDollMASTA's older looks.

Kemenate's Male Iris Reflection is actually a port of oeshii's Iris Reflection for females, but maybe KDollMASTA didn't realize that or something. Even oeshii now uses Hunting-Succubus EyeBall Shadow for looks released on the Hub, and KDollMASTA uses the even newer Hunting-Succubus Enhanced Eyes now. You could easily switch the looks to use one of those without needing to modify the Male Iris VAR.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom