Load person or object as "Collider" unchecked?

KameronFox

Reactions
You know loading person on person or on the wall could crash your game and bla bla bla.
It will be just quality of life improvement! :)

So more or less, what you're asking is a QoL that will force you to enable collider manually each time you create a person. This is more or less the opposite of QoL :p

So more or less, what you're asking is a QoL that will force you to enable collider manually each time you create a person. This is more or less the opposite of QoL :p

But it will prevent person collide with other person or stuff and can break pose, game. How is this not qol? :)

Well, when you build a scene, and know what you are doing, you know where a new person would spawn (just at 0/0/0) so you design your scene that there is nothing at that spot.
for advanced veteran users: YES. For new users and mid users probably no. It' just QOL. :)

While I agree that this could probably better somehow, its not that easy. If the collision is disabled by default the next person will come and complain why collision is not working.

While I agree that this could probably better somehow, its not that easy. If the collision is disabled by default the next person will come and complain why collision is not working.
I'm pretty sure that wont be an issue. Just make a option for it. So everyone can use their option.

I'm pretty sure that wont be an issue. Just make a option for it. So everyone can use their option.

Having been a coder for years, I have a pretty clear understanding of what a change "could" ask from a team. So don't take the wrong way what I'm gonna say.

First, avoid using "Just"... "Just do XXX", "Just make YYY". Even if your idea could potentially be nice, you don't know how much work it means.
"Just adding an option" may not be that simple even if you see the feature as being simple. "Just" is a word that makes coders crazy ;)

Secondly, you cannot be "pretty sure" since every user is different or in the case of the software itself, unless you are working on it, you cannot even start to be "pretty sure" about the amount of changes a feature can weigh on the coders.

That said... why this is not a QoL ? As MacGruber more or less said... you see that from your point of view : "person atoms glitches and can crash".
Now with your idea implemented users will come here to say the exact same thing but the opposite way "please enable collision by default, it's boring to have it enabled manually each time".

And I totally agree with the fact that atoms should not bug that way... so you can suggest a resolution by being more broad and let the developpers think about the best way to do it, like this :

"When you spawn a new person atom and there is already another person on the same spot, the physics glitches or the game can crash.
Could it be possible to spawn a new person atom shifted from the spawn point if there is already a person on this spot ?"

Simple, clear, it covers the problem that everyone has on VaM without suggesting a solution that could create the same problem but reversed : D

Having been a coder for years, I have a pretty clear understanding of what a change "could" ask from a team. So don't take the wrong way what I'm gonna say.

First, avoid using "Just"... "Just do XXX", "Just make YYY". Even if your idea could potentially be nice, you don't know how much work it means.
"Just adding an option" may not be that simple even if you see the feature as being simple. "Just" is a word that makes coders crazy ;)

Secondly, you cannot be "pretty sure" since every user is different or in the case of the software itself, unless you are working on it, you cannot even start to be "pretty sure" about the amount of changes a feature can weigh on the coders.

That said... why this is not a QoL ? As MacGruber more or less said... you see that from your point of view : "person atoms glitches and can crash".
Now with your idea implemented users will come here to say the exact same thing but the opposite way "please enable collision by default, it's boring to have it enabled manually each time".

And I totally agree with the fact that atoms should not bug that way... so you can suggest a resolution by being more broad and let the developpers think about the best way to do it, like this :

"When you spawn a new person atom and there is already another person on the same spot, the physics glitches or the game can crash.
Could it be possible to spawn a new person atom shifted from the spawn point if there is already a person on this spot ?"

Simple, clear, it covers the problem that everyone has on VaM without suggesting a solution that could create the same problem but reversed : D

oh I know coding is and how much work to be done so. It's a suggestion. Better have option for everyone to use like you can copy with ctrl+c or just right click and copy. Just nice to have. We don't be here to argue with someone. arent we?

Back
Top Bottom