Question Lightning effects game performance?

Waslikethem

Reactions
Does adding a lot of lightning into a scene effects the game performance? I have a big scene with 20+ lightning sources

If the light is static...meaning both the lights and the objects they shine on are stationary, you can bake Lightmaps in Unity. These are essentially addtional textures containing lighting info for each texel.

Also be aware of the pixel light count setting in UserPrefs. Most people will have this turned to 3. If there are more in the scene, VaM will dynamically pick the 3 most important lights for each rendered object individually and ignore other lights.

Upvote 0
i removed all the shadows from my lightning sources, and decres the amount of light in overall, i just added in 3 minutes +15 fps... it's huge.
My average FPS now is 28-32

Upvote 0
Yeah, try to limit Scenes to 2 or 3 sources of light, unless you got a 4080 / 4090 / 7900 XT / 7900 XTX card (or the equivalents of the previous generation maybe), then sure you could go to 4, 5 and 6 sources even. But generally-speaking 3 sources is 'max' (for efficiency, scene lightning quality and performance balance).

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom