Leap Motion

cru5hedup

Reactions
Does anyone know how to get Leap Motion working with the latest VAM version? I read on here that only Leap Gemini 5.0 works so I installed that but still not getting any hands.

Leap motion is activated in menu etc. My VR controllers and VR hands work fine but no hands with the Leap?

Is there any improvement in software from like a year ago? Cause the hand movement in VR wasn't in realtime, always a little laggy.
Is this even possible to change by software? Or is this a limitation from the hardware? Should be second I guess.
Do you know something @Acid Bubbles ?

Is there any improvement in software from like a year ago? Cause the hand movement in VR wasn't in realtime, always a little laggy.
Is this even possible to change by software? Or is this a limitation from the hardware? Should be second I guess.
Do you know something @Acid Bubbles ?

I found the Gemini driver tracked a lot better compared to older versions.

Yeah the Gemini driver is MUCH better, but in all versions there's lag between the video processing, the data and then the physics in VaM which is always perceptible but still not bad. The biggest improvement in Gemini was tracking loss, it was much better at not loosing your hands when they get in weird angles or intersect.

Okay, thanks for your answers! :)

So the software increases the "input lag"? I would have thought this is limited by the hardware? Sensors something?

I'm just saying there are a few steps between your hands, the camera, the processing, VaM and then physics but it's all very small. You can see the Leap Motion lag in the visualizer, but you have to keep in mind VaM uses physics so there'll be another delay there.

Back
Top Bottom