Does anyone at all have Leap Motion working in VR with Quest 2 *while in possession mode*?

Reactions
Hello! I've asked a much more detailed question but since its such a fringe case I'm having difficulty finding help so I'd like to simply ask the title. Does anyone have leap motion working in VR using a Quest 2 headset, most specifically, while in possession/embody mode? If I know this I can at least either give up if no one does or decide how to troubleshoot further if they do.
To be more specific though, in case anyone knows, this was my old question;
Leap motion works perfect in VR but not when in possession/embody mode, it works for finger tracking but not hand positioning(mostly), so i can wiggle my fingers but my hand stays stationary until i move the controllers. Actually I just played with it for another few hours and it will occasionally (about 1/10 or 15 times *maybe*) work for just one single hand not the other, isnt picky about which single hand works either of them could. No idea what causes even one to work 1% of time instead of the usual 0. Any idea how to fix?

Hi,

So it works for me with the Leap Motion (the first and cheapest model)...

I used GossamerVR guide :) 👍 :

I use it with Embody to create animations with Timeline.
I can use my leap motion for finger tracking and hand tracking.

The problem is that it's really too boring in the end...
Personally, I prefer the morphs version than the leap motion...

The problem with the Leap Motion for me, even with the good guide of Mr Gossmaer, is that if you want to use the Leap Motion with Embody, there is a lot of jerkiness, at least with the first model of Leap Motion (Leap Motion Controller)...
Maybe better with Stereo IR 170 by Ultraleap.

Example : If you want to make signs with your hand, the detection is not good and it makes interferences ^^
The hand tracking works perfectly but the finger detection is not perfect.

I gave up...

And for only the possession, I confirm you that the tracking of fingers and hands work.
You have to configure Embody and anyway there are presets if you don't want to bother (or else, the settings are in "Trackers" in Embody).
And check Leap Motion in VaM Setting.
And put in "Hand Control" on the person "JSONParams" in "Finger Control Mode".

Hi,

So it works for me with the Leap Motion (the first and cheapest model)...

I used GossamerVR guide :) 👍 :

I use it with Embody to create animations with Timeline.
I can use my leap motion for finger tracking and hand tracking.

The problem is that it's really too boring in the end...
Personally, I prefer the morphs version than the leap motion...

The problem with the Leap Motion for me, even with the good guide of Mr Gossmaer, is that if you want to use the Leap Motion with Embody, there is a lot of jerkiness, at least with the first model of Leap Motion (Leap Motion Controller)...
Maybe better with Stereo IR 170 by Ultraleap.

Example : If you want to make signs with your hand, the detection is not good and it makes interferences ^^
The hand tracking works perfectly but the finger detection is not perfect.

I gave up...

And for only the possession, I confirm you that the tracking of fingers and hands work.
You have to configure Embody and anyway there are presets if you don't want to bother (or else, the settings are in "Trackers" in Embody).
And check Leap Motion in VaM Setting.
And put in "Hand Control" on the person "JSONParams" in "Finger Control Mode".

Thank you so much for this!!! This gives me a lot of hope. I agree that it is not very good at finger tracking, theres definitely a forced way of trying to maximize the trackings capibilities and its pretty limiting, and cant go anywhere close to crossing hands or reaching too close far or to the side, etc etc. All that said I just find it to be so much more interesting with no controllers and I find it to be super worth it personally, though I 200% see where youre coming from.
So I hope you have the same Meta Quest 2 as me to further confirm that it works with the exact same setup, but even if it doesnt youve given me a lot of hope to play with the settings in trackers in embody as well as the hand control on person suggestion, very excited to try this out and get it fixed thank you very much!

Edit: Mate I spent a literal whole ass day and a half trying to figure this out in the most dense ways i could muster up. I tried troubleshooting literally every single last thing possible except for playing with the tracker settings in embody. I assumed it worked without embody thats where i messed up, the rest was all me not realizing that embody itself was what had the settings to enable it. Cant thank you enough man, what a headache i caused myself by being too silly to set things up like a normal human, id feel ashamed if i wasnt used to it happening so often haha!! Thank you again!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom