Lack of Jewelry?

DarkFantasy

Reactions
Patreon
DarkFantasyVAM
I do not see much in the way of jewelry, am I looking in the wrong places or is it really difficult? I would like to use some rings and watches for my scenes.

I tried a few simple rings, I figured it would be easy. I pulled a few simple ring models down from Sketchfab and tried them. I figured I would start with an asset and then work my way into clothing. They look decent in Unity and I think I got the alpha channels right using Gimp however when I package them using the asset package manager and pull them into VAM the materials seem to be missing. Silver shows up as dark grey, almost black, etc. I know there are a zillion things that I could have done wrong, (though I watched several videos and followed the instructions to the letter - I am also a Unity neophyte...). I have beat my head against the desk on this for countless hours trying different things, searching google, watching videos, (I even bought some base metal materials in Unity), with no joy. If what I am describing is a common mistake or there is something more I need to do to get the materials in for VAM outside of dropping the asset into prefab then I am all ears!

I am using Unity 2018.1.9f2 and the latest Asset Package Manager from Github.

Hi hi DarFantasy,

You are 100% right!!! I welcome your initiative to add jewels to the collection of assets
Please try again your assets with Nostage3's VaMifier script https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/unityassetvamifier.478/
Attach the script to your jewel Custom Unity Atom

You'll need https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/parentholdlink-for-customunityassets.415/ to attach the jewel to the target body part

This might be useful too https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/unity-assetbundles-for-vam-1-xx.167/

Hope it helps. I look forward to exploring your jewelry box

Quick question, if I put something on the models wrist or finger it its up either squished at the models feet or yards away. Regular Cloths work fine. I am using Daz 4.12 and the Gen 2 base model. Any thoughts on what could be wrong?

I can attach an asset using parentholdlink however certain movements and any finger morphs mess the position/rotation up.

So, some of the objects that had me hung up came through Unity rather than Blender. Here are a few things I figured out for anyone that finds this thread:

-In Daz use the default Generation 2 Female for sizing and positioning. It is free from Daz central. I believe it is part of the Genesis 2 Starter Essentials. Don't pay for it!!! There is another package that costs $$$.
- If you do anything in Unity make sure the exported object is at 0,0,0 before importing to DAZ (or your object will be way off when you import into VAM even after positioning it in Daz for some reason!!!) I believe this is the same thing for Blender but I have not tested that yet.
- Unity does not natively export OBJ's. There are also a lot of utilities that will not export the materials and textures. There is a free OBJ exporter in the Unity store under Utilities -> Tools called Scene OBJ Exporter
- Once you import it into your project and look under "File". The export is hard to find. It is below "Exit" so it kind of blends in and is in a non-standard spot.
- Import it into Daz and use the Generation 2 model to size and position it
- Delete the model
- Export as an OBJ again (preferable changing the file name to preserve the original)
- Delete the object in Daz
- Import the object again from the export you just did (no idea why but things get screwed up if you skip this step)
- When you pull it into VAM use Ren. If you use another character that has been resized things will be screwed up again

Anyhow... Drinking from a firehose here :)

So, some of the objects that had me hung up came through Unity rather than Blender. Here are a few things I figured out for anyone that finds this thread:

-In Daz use the default Generation 2 Female for sizing and positioning. It is free from Daz central. I believe it is part of the Genesis 2 Starter Essentials. Don't pay for it!!! There is another package that costs $$$.
- If you do anything in Unity make sure the exported object is at 0,0,0 before importing to DAZ (or your object will be way off when you import into VAM even after positioning it in Daz for some reason!!!) I believe this is the same thing for Blender but I have not tested that yet.
- Unity does not natively export OBJ's. There are also a lot of utilities that will not export the materials and textures. There is a free OBJ exporter in the Unity store under Utilities -> Tools called Scene OBJ Exporter
- Once you import it into your project and look under "File". The export is hard to find. It is below "Exit" so it kind of blends in and is in a non-standard spot.
- Import it into Daz and use the Generation 2 model to size and position it
- Delete the model
- Export as an OBJ again (preferable changing the file name to preserve the original)
- Delete the object in Daz
- Import the object again from the export you just did (no idea why but things get screwed up if you skip this step)
- When you pull it into VAM use Ren. If you use another character that has been resized things will be screwed up again

Anyhow... Drinking from a firehose here :)
lol, AWWalker, dude, you can laugh and I don't blame you! Understand that the first time I ever saw, installed, used, or even really acknowledged the existence of Blender, Unity, or anything like this was just before this thread. I love that I can stay in my lane now that more real talented creators have joined the mix with CuteSvetlana and the like, , (My lane: correlation, integration, and strategy, slam it through to see if it is possible POC stuff. **NOT** polished and finalized stuff). I really appreciate what you and some of the other creators have and continue to provide!

That is what is so much fun with VAM outside of the obvious. It is an infinite puzzle with an infinite number of ways to integrate and solve problems and there is always something new to learn or improve. Its fricken tiring!!! XD!

Back
Top Bottom