Keybindings

Plugins Keybindings

You can do something like that with https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/uiassist-free.117/ (as far as I know), and it should have some bindings support. I'm not sure it has a binding to apply a look in a single keystroke, but you should be able to map a key to open the looks screen and select on the one you want, which is already fairly quicker :)

@New folder (2) Right now you can't globally, you could using LogicBricks inside a scene.

I'm working on an overly complicated solution right now (Scripter) which would allow attaching scripts to keybinding commands (so, simply calling two commands, or three, or make them depend on something...)

Acid Bubbles updated Keybindings with a new update entry:

Keybindings v1.3.0

KeybindingsExtensions_ScenePluginTriggers (NEW EXTENSION!)

- Allows creating keybinds on ANY plugins (actions and toggles only), e.g. for MacGruber's PostMagic
- Keybinds: ScenePluginTriggers.RefreshList, ScenePluginTriggers.Settings

Keybindings:

- New commands (see below)
- Navigation now mimics VaM's native navigation (wsadzx)
- Show "Keypad" on keypad number mappings
- Ability to invoke a keybinding with code using InvokeKeybindingsAction (SendMessage)
- Fix skewed Hud...

Read the rest of this update entry...

1.png

There seems to be no command now

Can you add a toggle VR hands to the keybindings later?

Last edited:
This is already speeding up my workflow so much as-is. As someone who uses Dvorak, this is essential for not making panning a total pain. Thanks for another fantastic (and free!) plugin.

I have a question about the Move tab: are there any bindings for the precise X/Y/Z [-.01 / +.01] buttons? I tried the Move_Absolute_[D] * settings but they were too imprecise. I noticed in your release notes that you mentioned holding shift / ctrl for larger / smaller movement but that didn't work for me. I would probably rather have a direct mapping to the Move tab buttons.

The VR device I am using is the reverse g2. I want to bind the buttons of the controller for quick operations, but I don't know how to bind them. It seems that I can only bind the keyboard buttons now 😄

Hi Acid Bubbles.

I have not successfully been able to use my custom keys added with 'custom keybindings' plugin set in 'keybindings' after having saved the scene then opened again, either immediately, after hard reset or a program restart. I've set 'switchstates' in my state machine that targets 'embody' on multiple cameras for testing. I've added other custom keybindings in the 'custom keybindings' plug-in set in 'keybindings' for testing and they have not saved, either.

All this is happening even after I 'save' the keybindings in the keybindings plugin. Importing them also yields same results (custom keys set not working).

Could you point me in the right direction?

@thefirstchaos The custom keybindings lets you create names that can be called from Keybindings, but after you need to map them in Keybindings like other bindings. That means your binding will work on any scene with that mapping, but scenes you release will not make that binding available to anyone.

Thanks for the prompt response. I understand what you mean but the issue is that my own scenes using my session plug-ins don't keep those keybindings. Interestingly, the problem might not necessarily be your keybinding plug-ins but how it handles mappings to multiple 'Embody' plug-ins. OR it could be that I was placing 'Embody' on window cameras rather than person atoms.

I intended to link the keybindings to some trigger that could place keyframes into 'Timeline' for camera angle changes but it turns out that wasn't going to be as easy as doing the camera changes with some randomization using 'LogicBricks'. My condundrum led to a solution that will make making future scenes much easier, more faster and fun. Hah!

Thanks again!

I have so many unloaded keybindings it hangs my pc whenever I try to add and open the plugin, how do you remove them? I think they keep adding up everytime i load(import) my saved hotkeys

@bash32 Are you sure this is because of Keybindings? It shouldn't affect performance. You can click on the keybindings and then click outside of the box to clear it.
I have so many of these it actually drops my fps to 10-15 when I have it opened, I tried unbinding it but it doesnt work.. I even reinstalled the plugin but the unloaded keybindings are still there

Attachments

• image_2024-02-25_133430268.png
    image_2024-02-25_133430268.png
    106.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Is there a way to use keybindings to adjust Morphs? Like to scale up or down depending on what button you press? I havent found anything on this subject.

Back
Top Bottom