Just started. Some quick questions.

Hah.
You need a batch file to run it in "virtual Desktop" mode, and you need to do this from within Virtual Desktop.
Create a text file called "StartVAM.bat" or some such. Open it and add this line,
"C:\Program Files\Virtual Desktop Streamer\VirtualDesktop.Streamer.exe" "C:\YOURPATHTOVAM\VaM.exe"

Put it exactly as there, and include the quote marks at both ends.
Run Virtual Desktop.
Once connected, double click that .bat from inside VD with the VR controller.
Wait.
(I assume you have the oculus app installed, I think you need that installed).

Agreed with what Jiraiya said above, just make sure you keep the file extension lines on the same line, don’t start a new line underneath the first with your VAM extension. I did that first by accident because that’s the way it looked on my mobile screen (small) and it frustrated me to no end.

Oculus Airlink also works really well for me and is extremely simple and free. Open your oculus app on your computer, then in your oculus headset connect to air link (your computer should show up). Click it and it should run just fine.

Pro gamer tip# If the game appears in 2d instead of VR try clicking on the Oculus button on your right controller. From my experience this will cycle you from a control panel, to 2d VAM, then VR (3D) VAM. This happens whenever I take off my headset for a minute. Anytime I put it back on it throws me in 2d. Simple long button press and I’m back in the game

Thanks. I'll give it a try tonight. Ive been having a rough time trying to render the frames into anything over 4k. DaVinci Resolve either crashes or slows down to a crawl. I downloaded avidemux but it gets pretty unstable too and I haven't figured out the settings. I rendered one video with it and the quality was horrible. There's too many settings for my level of encoding knowledge.

I'll have to try to find some commands for ffmpeg.

I read that the quest 2 can handle up to 5760x5760 so I've been trying to render 5760x2880 side by side at 60 fps.

Im working on a scene and I'm kind of list in the expressions/lipsync options. I think I got the audio to play by setting playnow. It took me a while to figure out I have to select url and not embedded?!?!

Now I'm just having trouble managing all the different behaviors that affect the face. I'd like expressions while she's talking but I also want good lip syncing.

Is it possible to get the lipsync to look realistic? I'm having a lot of trouble getting the B's and P's etc to work. The mouth never fully closes.

Also what should I be mindful of when using lipsync and expressions? Do I have to turn some character settings off or on when using a plugin?
Can I set expressions to preserve the visemes?

That’s beyond my ability TBH, but I’m sure it can be worked out well. Good luck! Hopefully someone with more knowledge can chime in.

I'm used to using iclone. Their lipsyncing wasn't the best but the latest version with acculips is amazing. If anyone could figure out how to import acculips facial animation to VAM it would be awesome.

Aside from the lipsyncing issues I'm unable to animate the hands. Is it some setting I accidentally activated or am I missing something?
I can set tracks for the hands and put in keyframes and if I go to the morph tab I can find morphs like "grasp" but there's no check box saying to animate. There's a checkbox to add it to the favorites.

When I try to move the sliders nothing happens.

There is no mocap style animating for hands, but if you check that "favorite" box on the morphs, the morph will show up as animatable using triggers.

I'm used to using iclone. Their lipsyncing wasn't the best but the latest version with acculips is amazing. If anyone could figure out how to import acculips facial animation to VAM it would be awesome.

Aside from the lipsyncing issues I'm unable to animate the hands. Is it some setting I accidentally activated or am I missing something?
I can set tracks for the hands and put in keyframes and if I go to the morph tab I can find morphs like "grasp" but there's no check box saying to animate. There's a checkbox to add it to the favorites.

When I try to move the sliders nothing happens.
You can take the iclone characters and animation and build animated custom unity assets as background fillers. I did that for awhile

You can take the iclone characters and animation and build animated custom unity assets as background fillers. I did that for awhile

Is that through the latest character creator? I was wondering how to get some background characters that wouldn't take to many resources. I don't suppose I can just export from Character Creator 3 with the animation and bring them directly into VAM? I don't have Unity installed.

Is that through the latest character creator? I was wondering how to get some background characters that wouldn't take to many resources. I don't suppose I can just export from Character Creator 3 with the animation and bring them directly into VAM? I don't have Unity installed.
No they need to be imported as customUnityAssets.

shower.gif

Its not bad, export them into unity and configure the animation, create a assetbundle, open in vam

Do you use the remesher in Character Creator at all?
I haven't tested to see how many characters I can put in a scene.

Back
Top Bottom