Just Finished Cyberpunk Edge Runners!

lochee7

Reactions
I don't watch a ton of anime, usually just the popular ones, but I just finished Cyberpunk Edge Runners on Netflix and I mostly liked it! The style was definitely fresh and I just fell in love with Lucy. I can't wait to see a model of her, anyone with me?

Was surprised how good it was too.
I love how there are so many memes referencing the music or 'before' and 'after' watching Edgerunners with people in tears. 😄

The style reminded me a lot of the original 1995 "Ghost in the Shell" movie. (Which spawned the idea for 1999 Matrix)
The very first scene seems to be a reference to that movie:
It's a top down view of Corpo Plaza at night with a giant roundabout crossing, similar to the scene where in 1995 Motoko jumped down a building to attack and then escape with thermo optic camouflage.

However the pacing of Edgerunners is completely different, faster with more Action and an emotional story.
The original old Ghost in the Shell is slower, deeper and philosophical.
possible reference.jpg

Was surprised how good it was too.
I love how there are so many memes referencing the music or 'before' and 'after' watching Edgerunners with people in tears. 😄

The style reminded me a lot of the original 1995 "Ghost in the Shell" movie. (Which spawned the idea for 1999 Matrix)
The very first scene seems to be a reference to that movie:
It's a top down view of Corpo Plaza at night with a giant roundabout crossing, similar to the scene where in 1995 Motoko jumped down a building to attack and then escape with thermo optic camouflage.

However the pacing of Edgerunners is completely different, faster with more Action and an emotional story.
The original old Ghost in the Shell is slower, deeper and philosophical.
View attachment 161984
Yup, it's been awhile since I got hit in the feels like this. No wonder Steam had a huge resurgence in CP2077 player base since the release of the series on Netflix. Definitely gonna go back and watch some of the early anime classics.

“The belief that technology will solve every single problem of society, is what I call digital fundamentalism, which is as dangerous as religious fundamentalism.”

"Cyberpunk show us the dark side, reveiling the dangerous side effects of the drug of futurism." - Indigo Gaming

Cyberpunk, a very interesting genre. It became even more then just a genre for me. Watch these video's and it will tell you why Cyberpunk became more then just a genre for me. Many subjects that Cyberpunk addresses, are very realistic to a philosophical level.

And yes, Cyberpunk 2077 failed at launch due the many problems and lack of promises. But it's still one of the best game's ever. And the Cyberpunk Edgerunners anime is really good. I would prefer Ghost in the Shell style more, but still both serie's are very great. Other serie's are great aswell, I could even recommend the book "Do Androids Dream Of Electric sheeps".

It even get's BBC's news attention.
Cyberpunk 2077 a 'warning' about the future

Watch this whole video, this one is very interesting. It's one of the most interesting video's i've ever seen.

Mike Pondsmith, one of the co-founders of Cyberpunk genre. "Cyberpunk isn't about saving humanity, it's about saving yourself."

Watch the first 3:38 sec

Watch the first 4:10 sec (but I can recommend the whole serie's if you want to know more about all the movies, books and games.)

It's a matter of time before someone analysis Cyberpunk Edgerunners. It has also very interesting subjects, like how people become chroom junkies, and how it can change their lives. David is a very good example of this. We can already see this kind of technology addiction in our own reality. I can't wait for the analysis about Cyberpunk Edgerunners.

Here is another master piece. Sasha lost her mother due side effects of a medicine. The company hides the facts, so they don't have to take it from the market. Sasha sacrifice herself, to leak it out to the press. Company authority is also a very big subject in the Cyberpunk genre.

Last edited:
I'm actually working on a model for Lucy right now, it's almost finished! 😁
Needless to say I'm a huge fan of Edge Runners, fell in love with it right away, especially Lucy.
I find her a very interesting character.
Also makes me wanna play Cyberpunk 2077!

I'm actually working on a model for Lucy right now, it's almost finished! 😁
Needless to say I'm a huge fan of Edge Runners, fell in love with it right away, especially Lucy.
I find her a very interesting character.
Also makes me wanna play Cyberpunk 2077!

Can you show us work in progress, or are you only going to show when it's done?

The hair is really well done! The gap on the left side could have a little bit more work, but for the rest it's perfect.
Thanks! Actually the hair is something I’m not totally happy with yet. I’m going to update it next week. Also some other details concerning the body and face will be updated. Nothing big but the details will make it better.

The right side is perfect, but her left side could use a little bit of work. She has longer hair infront of her ear, and shorter after her ear. The gap on the left side is also a bit to far on top of the head.

Lucy hair ear.jpg

Also the hair in the parting area should go a little bit up.

Lucy hair hair parting.jpg

I look a bit deeper in to it. The eyes could change a little bit. Her eyes are a bit to round. Her top eye lid are a bit to round. But overal a very good start. I couldn't do something like this. Oh yeah, and she has pubic hair. The breasts could also be a bit more perky.

Last edited:
I appreciate you taking the time to give me some feedback, thanks! I agree with you on the hair points. And I can see what you mean with the other things too. The difficult thing is, that she is an anime character and I'm creating someone with realistic proportions, so it's hard to translate to a real human and a lot of things are open to interpretation. But I will definitely take it into account, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom