Question json file from rigmodels.com

geny

Reactions
I'm trying load scene or looks using models downloaded from the site: rigmodels.com(they autoconverting model format obj to json). Can't I open them in VAM without help and I'll have to use DAZ Studio anyway?

Looks in VaM are Genesis 2 DAZ figures. If they're not made from G2 then no, you can't use them without converting (if at all possible).
Scenes are not compatible.

Upvote 0
this is actually a very interesting topic. Since there are a lot of models on rigmodels.com. So far I'm at the stage where I can add a .dae model (there is an autoconverter on the site) in daz studio. But model considers herself a neutral object and does not understand that she has parts of the body on which something can be applied.

If this problem is solved, then we can add a bunch of models from this site using this instructions: https://hub.virtamate.com/threads/import-genesis-8-character-only-morph-to-vam-with-pictures.7363/

Upvote 0
Because they don't have a G2F/M mesh they're considered as props, or something like that. To make the jump to a G2F/M mesh from that prop you probably need to do wrapping, see the guides about it.
It's not easy and quick to get good results, and then you also have to consider other aspects like textures, hair (VaM only), among others. There's guides on the Hub about Wrapping.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom