• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Solved Voice from mouth

Mel

Reactions
Just wondering all you clever people out there, is there a way to make the sound,voice appear to be coming from the persons mouth, I am creating scenes based on singers past and present, and using audio files for songs, but when playing the scenes, the sound/songs appears from a different direction to the singer so spoils the immersion a little. Could I attach the sound file to the persons head. TIA :)

Solution
Yes, you need a trigger for playing a sound on any receiver, unless you use a plugin that does that for you, like Audiomate for example.

The trigger system is the same everywhere, doesn't matter if it's set in Timeline, buttons, plugins, pick whatever you want.

Taken from the FAQ:
Essentially you want to trigger playing a sound in some type of receiver.
Example trigger for a AudioSource atom:
  • Receiver Atom: Audio Source
  • Receiver: Audio Source
  • Receiver Target: Play (multiple options)
Example trigger for a Person atom:
  • Receiver Atom: Person
  • Receiver: Head Audio
See more about it on this thread:
[URL...
You can, but you also have the Head audio receiver for that purpose, and using Head Audio allows you to use Lip Sync (Auto Behaviours) to make the person really sing.

Upvote 0
You can, but you also have the Head audio receiver for that purpose, and using Head Audio allows you to use Lip Sync (Auto Behaviours) to make the person really sing.
Thankyou for your quick response, but, to use the head audio reciever do I still need to set a audio trigger on the timeline, or a scene animation trigger, or can I set it all up from the head audio reciever tab, its just on the head audio tab, there is not an option to play now, on the add volume action ie Reciever atom (Person) Reciever (Head audio souce) Reciever Target no option to play now ? TIA :)

Upvote 0
Yes, you need a trigger for playing a sound on any receiver, unless you use a plugin that does that for you, like Audiomate for example.

The trigger system is the same everywhere, doesn't matter if it's set in Timeline, buttons, plugins, pick whatever you want.

Taken from the FAQ:
Essentially you want to trigger playing a sound in some type of receiver.
Example trigger for a AudioSource atom:
  • Receiver Atom: Audio Source
  • Receiver: Audio Source
Example trigger for a Person atom:
  • Receiver Atom: Person
  • Receiver: Head Audio
See more about it on this thread:
VaM 1.22: the new built-in lip sync is in the auto-behaviours tab and the audio receiver is the person's head audio.

Upvote 0
Solution

Taken from the FAQ:
Thankyou so much, I really appreciate the help you have given me ,lots of times :)

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom