It's healty to overload the AddonPackages?

Waslikethem

Reactions
I wonder if it's healty to overload the AddonPackages with different plugins with lower versions of them?
Like for example:
AcidBubbles.ColliderEditor.29.var
AcidBubbles.ColliderEditor.35.var
AcidBubbles.ColliderEditor.36.var
AcidBubbles.Timeline.275
AcidBubbles.Timeline.280

Or should i delete the older versions?

I think you're safe in keeping the latest AcidBubbles plugins only. The problem is that scenes you have may request a specific version and complain in the error log and show in the updates panel.

For most assets it should be fine to only keep the newest version. Packages will usually just use the newest version you have installed.
However, plugins should always be referenced by the exact version! And most scenes should do so, since it's VaM's default setting when creating a VAR. That's because new plugin versions often introduce entirely new features or massively change features, not just small fixes. Therefore they might not be backwards compatible. The more professional plugin creators might think of such things and try to handle them gracefully, other creators might not. Also, sometimes it's just not possible to do without spending signification amounts of time on this stuff.

However, for things that are on the Hub, you can just delete the old versions and then have VaM re-download those version needed by the stuff you have installed. Also plugins tends to be fairly small packages, so it isn't really an issue to keep lots of plugin version around.

Back
Top Bottom