Any idea to take video of the scene "exclude" the UI but without hiding it?

VAMguy

Reactions
I made a scene of "floating cloth" that I MUST control it's physic in real time. Such as if the cloth float too high I have to adjust the weight on real time.
So, when recording I'm still need the UI.

I tried Window Camera it's fine on the preview window. No UI captured and I can manipulate the physic sliders on the UI. Is there a way to tell the capture software record what the Window Camera's preview window see, instead of the VAM window?

OK just report I've got the solution hope may help others.

This plugin do the trick: https://hub.virtamate.com/resources...rer-for-3d-vr180-and-vr360-and-flat-2d.11994/

Now you can also record 2d flat video by this plugin.
I add it on the Window Camera, align and link the Camera on the camera rig/center eye. So the renderer now simply record what the player look.
Keep the UI open then hit hotkey F11 to start record. The renderer will not capture the UI, just what the Window Camera view.

Thanks!
If the Keybindings can do the job it's definitely more simply.

Last edited:
That's usually what I do to control recordings without automating everything. There's a plugin in Keybindings, " CustomCommands" that you can use to create custom commands (pretty much named triggers) that you can then bind in the Keybindings UI. It's not _super_ intuitive but in short, you add CustomCommands somewhere (I use LogicBricks when I need it to do something complex like run multiple actions), name your custom command something like Action1 or whatever, and then in the main Keybindings plugin UI you should find Action1 in the list.

Let me know if this worked!

Keybindings do the job SO well! Big Thanks!

Now I add a custom command on the cloth Stiffness: level=1 bind ctrl+1, level=2 ctrl+2 and 3... etc. Is there a way to bind only one key to tell the value step 1 level up, another key to step down?

Keybindings do the job SO well! Big Thanks!

Now I add a custom command on the cloth Stiffness: level=1 bind ctrl+1, level=2 ctrl+2 and 3... etc. Is there a way to bind only one key to tell the value step 1 level up, another key to step down?
You could hook up a LogicBricks "Counter" brick. Set up two CustomCommands to fire its CountUP and CountDown triggers. Set "Count" to however many steps you like and then setup "Actions OnChangeTrigger" to the slider you want to change. You define the min and max value there, the Counter brick will set to values inbetween based on the counting.

Seems VAM now can do anythings...... (maybe wash my dishes).
Time to study and Thanks you so much for you both!

The demo:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom