Question Is it possible to import 3ds max/Maya human models into VaM as person item?

Unless someone has written a converter for the specific rig / base figure to Genesis 2 then no, not really. In theory, you can use any model as a template in e.g. Max/Maya/ZBrush and then deform the Genesis 2 base figure until it fits the target, but that's hours and hours of work even if you know what you're doing.

Upvote 0
Hi Harold,
maybe you have read some of my older postings about that. It is not possible to import new person items into V1.x VaM, but only to morph the existing Genesis 2 model in a different shape.
Regarding DAZ: No matter what you do, at the end you will need to have an Genesis 2 morph that can be used in VaM.
You can edit a DAZ figure in Blender/Max/Maya/Whatever like you do it for custom morphs, but at the end you need to convince the DAZ morph importer to please accept your new shape. This is only possible if the new shape has exactly the same vertices count as before.... one mesh point more or less, and you can throw away your stuff.

So, the most reasonable answer to your question is: No!

BUT there are some very advanced functions in some modern 3d modeling tools, that allowes you to re-shape a given model into an other shape without changing the vertices count.
Like: "There are two given 3d models A and B. Now morph model A into somewhat the same shape as model B".
BUT this sounds more easy than it is. The DAZ/VaM figure is somewhat complicated. For instance you have the head internals in DAZ/VaM figures, like eyes, tongue, teeth... You really have to know what to do to hide and lock and move around parts of your model, and how to repair things, aso.
This goes deep into the functionalities of the 3d tool you want to use, and I really can not explain all those steps to you. You have to search for tutorials for the 3d tool you use. "If you have to ask what you have to look for, better don't".
There is a very short tutorial for advanced users at the NoOC VaM Discord, but that is nothing I can suggest to everyone with a clear conscience.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom