Question How to Import jewelry with Physics enabled as clothing item not as Asset?

abjohn

Reactions
Hi ,

I have created earring in blender, if i add bones to jewelry in blender and bring to DAZ and import into VAM, VAM does not detect bones and physics on earrings movement with body does not work. I have seen some creators managed to import jewelry as clothing item with physics enabled. Any tutorial available on creating jewelry in blender, adding physics in Unity and importing it as clothing item in VAM?

Abjohn

The built in clothing creator doesn't use bones, but creates a cloth sim that can be varied with a sim texture (red where you want it to stick to your model/black where you want it to move). Save your jewelry obj in daz as a scene subset after fitting them to a genesis2 model, and then open the clothing creator in vam from the clothing tab on a zeroed person atom. Remember to freeze physics on the person and reset the pose.

Upvote 0
The built in clothing creator doesn't use bones, but creates a cloth sim that can be varied with a sim texture (red where you want it to stick to your model/black where you want it to move). Save your jewelry obj in daz as a scene subset after fitting them to a genesis2 model, and then open the clothing creator in vam from the clothing tab on a zeroed person atom. Remember to freeze physics on the person and reset the pose.

Thanks for reply, clothing i understand sim texture but for jewelry sim textures doesn't work. if i color red it makes jewerly fixed and it will not move with body movement. what i want to do is create a jewelry which moves along with body. some creators Have made jewelry with physics enabled. what i understand that is only possible through Unity but i don't want to import jewerly as Unity asset but as clothing item.

Upvote 0
As far as i know the only items that show up in the clothing tab for an atom are imported through the built in clothing creator, which uses cloth sim.
You can parent cua's with bones and physics through unity, but i don't think there is a way to save them in the clothing tab list.

Upvote 0
As far as i know the only items that show up in the clothing tab for an atom are imported through the built in clothing creator, which uses cloth sim.
You can parent cua's with bones and physics through unity, but i don't think there is a way to save them in the clothing tab list.
some creators managed to do it. check these links. these earrings are in clothing and have physics enabled.

Clothing import works only for DAZ Files and the moment i import anything into DAZ and export to VAM, bone/physics on jewelry does not work.

Upvote 0
Hi ,

I have created earring in blender, if i add bones to jewelry in blender and bring to DAZ and import into VAM, VAM does not detect bones and physics on earrings movement with body does not work. I have seen some creators managed to import jewelry as clothing item with physics enabled. Any tutorial available on creating jewelry in blender, adding physics in Unity and importing it as clothing item in VAM?

Abjohn
You have a screenshot of the item, should be able to do it as a cua. Also superio did this guide

https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/clothing-extreme-low-poly-importing-technique.4826/

Upvote 0
some creators managed to do it. check these links. these earrings are in clothing and have physics enabled.

Clothing import works only for DAZ Files and the moment i import anything into DAZ and export to VAM, bone/physics on jewelry does not work.

I unpacked the var for Piercing_B,
The Acc_B Earring is definitely simmed as there is a sim texture for it in the VAR. It also only contains the .vam .vaj and .vab files, which are made through the clothing creator.
According to the .Vaj its physics properties are;

"storables" : [
{
"id" : "VL_13:Acc_B_earring_LStyle"
},
{
"id" : "VL_13:Acc_B_earring_LWrapControl",
"wrapToSmoothedVerts" : "false",
"surfaceOffset" : "0.0003",
"additionalThicknessMultiplier" : "0",
"smoothIterations" : "0"
},
{
"id" : "VL_13:Acc_B_earring_LSim",
"simEnabled" : "true",
"integrateEnabled" : "true",
"collisionEnabled" : "true",
"allowDetach" : "false",
"collisionRadius" : "0.005884234",
"drag" : "0.02558214",
"weight" : "0.7160618",
"distanceScale" : "1",
"stiffness" : "0.9704826",
"compressionResistance" : "0.6564153",
"friction" : "0.5",
"staticMultiplier" : "2",
"collisionPower" : "0.1052819",
"gravityMultiplier" : "1",
"iterations" : "3",
"detachThreshold" : "0.005",
"jointStrength" : "1",
"force" : [
"0",
"0",
"0"
]

Upvote 0
I unpacked the var for Piercing_B,
The Acc_B Earring is definitely simmed as there is a sim texture for it in the VAR. It also only contains the .vam .vaj and .vab files, which are made through the clothing creator.
According to the .Vaj its physics properties are;

"storables" : [
{
"id" : "VL_13:Acc_B_earring_LStyle"
},
{
"id" : "VL_13:Acc_B_earring_LWrapControl",
"wrapToSmoothedVerts" : "false",
"surfaceOffset" : "0.0003",
"additionalThicknessMultiplier" : "0",
"smoothIterations" : "0"
},
{
"id" : "VL_13:Acc_B_earring_LSim",
"simEnabled" : "true",
"integrateEnabled" : "true",
"collisionEnabled" : "true",
"allowDetach" : "false",
"collisionRadius" : "0.005884234",
"drag" : "0.02558214",
"weight" : "0.7160618",
"distanceScale" : "1",
"stiffness" : "0.9704826",
"compressionResistance" : "0.6564153",
"friction" : "0.5",
"staticMultiplier" : "2",
"collisionPower" : "0.1052819",
"gravityMultiplier" : "1",
"iterations" : "3",
"detachThreshold" : "0.005",
"jointStrength" : "1",
"force" : [
"0",
"0",
"0"
]
Thanks. Yes i saw it but for complex design jewelry to have sim texture enabled,i guess some more tricks involved. will try out supa method and see if i can get some success. thanks for all help and reply. appreciate it.

Upvote 0
Iit's a simple import from daz, just like any other clothes.
If you want to have real physics, you have to use "CUA".
Here's an example:

Upvote 0
Iit's a simple import from daz, just like any other clothes.
If you want to have real physics, you have to use "CUA".
Here's an example:
Thanks for reply.loading as custom unity asset i can understand but some of your earrings appear as clothing items not as unity asset and when i use them they automatically have physics enabled and they move along with body movements of atom. I want to know how you have done this. importing as clothing item with physics enabled. check this item, earrings move with body and appear as clothing item, i don't have to add as custom unity asset.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom