Question Is it possible to create a gauge that continuously decreases and increases during an action?

kevinBurinn

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Hello,
I want to create a rather simple game in Vam that looks like this:

Annotation 2020-08-19 214137.png

Is it possible to recreate the behavior of this gauge on Vam?
using trigger and tube?

Sure, I recommend you write a plugin for it. You could just have the plugin scale/position an ImagePanel atom. Alternatively you can also have the plugin spawn a Quad primitive. A second ImagePanel or Quad as background, done.

Logic for increasing/decreasing would also go into the plugin.

Upvote 0
finally I found a tutorial, but I don't want to install visual studio and learn C # to make a "simple" plugin : https://www.erome.com/a/2exVbn1X
Maybe you can find someone to make that plugin for you. You will have to provide more detail on what it is supposed to do, I don't get that from the screenshot. I don't take commissions myself, but others do. Maybe try the "Requests to community" section here or ask in the Discord channels.

Upvote 0
Thank you for all your useful answers, I will be going on vacation in a short time, I will take the time to return I think :)

Upvote 0
I'm a very bad coder but I can do almost everything with animation patterns.
I have created several times the type of gauge you want without using a plugin.
Look in this scene (just change the click to something else like a contact with the breasts or something else)
cliquez -jeux-avec-akemi-futa

Upvote 0
I'm a few months late but did you ever get this working? It's only a few steps to setup:
  1. Add the cylinder to your scene
  2. Downloads Omni rigger plugin (or try this forked version on Hub )
  3. Add the plugin to the cylinder atom. Open the plugin menu
  4. Going from memory here so the exact names may not be correct...in the top right corner of the plugin menu, select what attribute you what the plugin to control. In this case it's Cylinder > Physical Properties > Y Scale or something like that
  5. Find the 'Duration' slider. Set it to, say, 500
  6. In the top left corner of the plugin menu, click 'Pump Once' to test if it's working. You should see the tube grow, then after a while start shrinking back to its original size
  7. Mess around with the 'Pump Up Speed' 'Pump Down Speed' and 'Duration' sliders until you get the tube growing/shrinking at the desired rate
  8. Setup your trigger. This can be anything from a UI button to a collision trigger. Set the trigger action to be Cylinder > Plugin > Pump Once. If done correctly, the cylinder will grow a bit each time the trigger is interacted with
  9. ???
  10. Profit
This one scene is great for showing off this and other creative techniques.

Upvote 0
I'm a few months late but did you ever get this working? It's only a few steps to setup:
  1. Add the cylinder to your scene
  2. Downloads Omni rigger plugin (or try this forked version on Hub )
  3. Add the plugin to the cylinder atom. Open the plugin menu
  4. Going from memory here so the exact names may not be correct...in the top right corner of the plugin menu, select what attribute you what the plugin to control. In this case it's Cylinder > Physical Properties > Y Scale or something like that
  5. Find the 'Duration' slider. Set it to, say, 500
  6. In the top left corner of the plugin menu, click 'Pump Once' to test if it's working. You should see the tube grow, then after a while start shrinking back to its original size
  7. Mess around with the 'Pump Up Speed' 'Pump Down Speed' and 'Duration' sliders until you get the tube growing/shrinking at the desired rate
  8. Setup your trigger. This can be anything from a UI button to a collision trigger. Set the trigger action to be Cylinder > Plugin > Pump Once. If done correctly, the cylinder will grow a bit each time the trigger is interacted with
  9. ???
  10. Profit
This one scene is great for showing off this and other creative techniques.

Thank you great tutorial dude!
I was able to make a cylinder that does what I want 🎉
I had tried to dissect how the system worked for: https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/click-games-with-akemi-futa.81/
But I understood absolutely nothing, suddenly I had given up ... I will be able to play with this system now 😏

Upvote 0
@kevinBurinn You might also want to have a look at the updated Counter plugin that was just released as part of LogicBricks v5. This can now count up and down and provides a status value between 0 and 1. Also provides a trigger signal when reaching either end of the range. Example is included in the package. It's an EarlyAccess release and will be free after 2020-12-01.

Upvote 0
@BlenderB_Rodriguez @MacGruber Many thanks !

I will wait until your "LogicBricks" @MacGruber is free to be able to use it and share the scene for free :)

I already have a start:

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom