Question Is it possible to animate player height? (or change it automatically during playback?)

Skully

Reactions
I'm into shrinking scenes and animating world scale via scripts is great, but for these types of scenes I typically don't possess a person model because I like to walk around in room scale--I don't have foot trackers an doing it that way I find it more realistic to combine less dramatic world scale adjustments with player height reductions. I just wish I knew a way to do it without pulling up the UI and doing that bit manually. I'm pretty sure what I'm asking for isn't possible but thought I'd inquire just in case.

Totally doable. Download this scene here: https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/gtsn°1.6581/
and extract the ScaleReceiver plugin.

You can then add an empty object to your own scene, and set ScaleReceiver as a plugin on it. Make sure 'Sync World' is ticked in the settings for the ScaleReciever, so it's not just scaling the empty object.

Now you can use timeline triggers to change the world scale. I just checked one of my triggers on an animation I did and here are the settings.
Reciever Atom: Person
Reciever: plugin#3_ScaleReceiver.ScaleReceiver
Receiver Target: Person Scale
End Person Scale: 1.10
Start with current value: ticked.
That makes the woman in the scene grow or shrink from current height to 110% when the trigger is used.

Upvote 0
Err.. I described the settings as if they were for a person you wanted to grow/shrink, but of course in your case they're the rough settings you'd use on a trigger for the empty object, and will change the world instead. The same method works.

Upvote 0
Not sure if this is what you need, but you can make a Timeline animation that animates any morph (e.g., character body scale or height), and then you can trigger the animation however you want - button, etc.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom