Question "Invisible" CUAs

Reactions
Is there a way to make an environment that is a CUA invisible while retaining its collision properties?

You might want to provide more specifics about what you're trying to do. If all you need is a flat surface like a floor or wall, then just use the slate primitive and select Hide Material in the render settings for it. You can scale and move the slate around. You might be able to do that with other built-ins, like furniture, but I haven't tried that. I don't think you can do that with a CUA.

Upvote 0
You might want to provide more specifics about what you're trying to do. If all you need is a flat surface like a floor or wall, then just use the slate primitive and select Hide Material in the render settings for it. You can scale and move the slate around. You might be able to do that with other built-ins, like furniture, but I haven't tried that. I don't think you can do that with a CUA.
let's say someone created a scene in a jail with several different "action" locations within the jail cell and i'd like to keep all the physics of the jail in place, but change the actual environment from a jail to something else. i was trying to figure out if there was a way to hide the jail cua.

Upvote 0
All you need is a little custom plugin placed on the CUA that recursively disables all the Renderer components.

Something like this. Place on any CUA atom. Note that I did just some quick testing, it should be good, but expect issues ;)

Attachments

• DisableRenderers.cs
    1.3 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
All you need is a little custom plugin placed on the CUA that recursively disables all the Renderer components.

Something like this. Place on any CUA atom. Note that I did just some quick testing, it should be good, but expect issues ;)
wow! thank you so much for not only taking the time to reply, but going above and beyond and creating something custom to address my question. personally, this will enhance my VAM experience tremendously. :)

curious...is there a way to make these applicable to atoms as well, not just cuas?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
curious...is there a way to make these applicable to atoms as well, not just cuas?
That's actually easier, as you don't have to deal with the CUA switching assetbundles or prefabs. The root transform might be different, though, but you search for Renderers just the same.

but going above and beyond and creating something custom
Thanks for noticing that such things do not magically happen in 5 min ;)

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom