Install problem...help please...

ooddd

Reactions
Recently, I replaced the graphics card and it seems that VaM is not running. All other programs are working fine, but only VaM.
So, when I installed and ran VaM again, an error window saying that there was no VaM data appeared.
1677667270933.png

Does anyone know the cause of the problem?
I thought it was a compatibility problem because only the .bat file in the VaM folder was not opened and an error appeared.
I still haven't found the cause, so I really need your help...please...

You get the error above when you run vam_updater.exe?
Where on your disk do you have VaM?
Vam_updater.exe file runs and all update options in updater file runs well, but VaM.exe, VaM(Desktop Mode.bat and VaM(OpenVR).bat files got wrong..(doesn't work) and show that error statements.
Several times I run update options, but still shows error.
I installed VaM on drive D. I ran VaM just a few days ago and there was no problem....

If vam_updater's core check shows everything well, then the problem is outside VaM.
You need to investigate what changed in your system since the last time you ran VaM without a problem. Check also your anti-virus, etc.

You can also try copying vam_updater to a different folder, download VaM, and see if that one works.

If vam_updater's core check shows everything well, then the problem is outside VaM.
You need to investigate what changed in your system since the last time you ran VaM without a problem. Check also your anti-virus, etc.

You can also try copying vam_updater to a different folder, download VaM, and see if that one works.
I tried to copy vam_updater and installed new one....but that also doesn't work....I had better check other problem...thanks..

I tried to copy vam_updater and installed new one....but that also doesn't work....I had better check other problem...thanks..
You said that you upgraded GPU, I assume by same vendor Nvidia > Nvidia or AMD > AMD?
Did you try:
...reinstalling drivers, DDU and all?
...moving VaM inside different folder? (D:/a path is odd, maybe D:/VaM or D:Games/VaM)
...installing VaM on C: ? (Maybe something is wrong with D: partition/drive)
...running VaM as admin? (Maybe something changed with permissions on D: )
...removing or moving vam_data folder and redownloading it with vam_updater (via full repair/sync)?
...downloading older version 1.20, 1.21? (if you are on version 1.22)
...restarting PC? (This is wild shot, but if you have quick boot enabled and you didn't restart recently, things doesn't fully "restart" after shutdown)

You said that you upgraded GPU, I assume by same vendor Nvidia > Nvidia or AMD > AMD?
Did you try:
...moving VaM inside different folder? (D:/a path is odd, maybe D:/VaM or D:Games/VaM)
...removing or moving vam_data folder and redownloading it with vam_updater (via full repair/sync)?
...restarting PC? (This is wild shot, but if you have quick boot enabled and you didn't restart recently, things doesn't fully "restart" after shutdown)
I tried several things that reinstalling graphic drive, installing VaM on C drive(originally I installed on D drive, D:/VaM. D:/a is reinstalled one that also have problem...) etc that you recommended..., but only thing that I didn't try one is the downloading older version...I will try it!
(I can't remember the recent version exactly...maybe date of 28, Feb. version I think...)
I reintalled a graphic card that I before used one, but running issue also occured...so I think this error problem has nothing to do with the graphic card...
Anyway, I will try to install old version...thanks.. :D
If I can't fix this problem....very sad....

Did you try:

Nooooo....... The problem is not solved. I downgraded VaM version 1.20.77.13, but error issue occured... It's just annoying why this problem happened. When I run VaM(Desktop Mode).bat file with admin, error message appears and says that "you cannot find VaM.exe."...
1677754235745.png

When I run VaM(Desktop Mode).bat file with admin, error message appears and says that "you cannot find VaM.exe."...View attachment 218052
You can't right click run batch files as admin, run VaM.exe as admin instead.
If it starts, you probably have permission issue and if it doesnt, it's something else.

This is odd issue and not many users had it, and none actually provided any solutions to it.
After searching about this error in other unity based games, all fixes are vague and outdated.
Stuff like: redownload game "X", rename _data folder, extract all files even if they appear extracted (idk about this one, if they are compressed or something?).

Back
Top Bottom