Little help please

dellmas

Reactions
I randomly discovered vam close to two weeks ago and love it. Kudos to everyone involved including content creators. Everyone is amazing. đź‘Ź

That being said, I kind of have been fingering it all out by using it. I've noticed to swap a model out with another you can select preset appearance then select file.

Why do all models not display for picking during this process? It's as if some are only selectable during all scene browse.

Depends on how they're packaged. Some creators share a appearance preset and a scene, others just a scene, and now rarely as a looks preset. Sometimes they also package a appearance preset in the wrong place and VAM won't find it until you specify the path.
Take a look at the wiki above, it's full of information and even though it will take some time until you get a hang of what is what, where, how, it's a good place to check. And of course there's the Guides section in Resources, especially the videos from Captain Varghoss I think, with the basics of VAM.

Depends on how they're packaged. Some creators share a appearance preset and a scene, others just a scene, and now rarely as a looks preset. Sometimes they also package a appearance preset in the wrong place and VAM won't find it until you specify the path.
Take a look at the wiki above, it's full of information and even though it will take some time until you get a hang of what is what, where, how, it's a good place to check. And of course there's the Guides section in Resources, especially the videos from Captain Varghoss I think, with the basics of VAM.

Thanks, altho the wiki was no help nor was Varghoss' vid that I watched on loading in looks. Upon searching his name did bring other topics which lead me to the realization of loading in the model, saving her look(even tho its downloaded) under "control & physics 1", then I can load her from my saved folder into other scenes and watch her get fked. Silliness.

So thank you atani as I've been wanting to load this model in for several days now.

Downloading a VAR does not mean you can reuse the content inside somewhere else automatically. That's what presets are for.
If you have a scene and you want to be able to use a person in it, if not already shared as a appearance or looks preset, then you have to make one first. Afterwards it can be loaded on any other scene.
I would advise you to make a Appearance preset, not a looks preset which is a legacy tool.
For more information on presets: https://hub.virtamate.com/wiki/presets_global/

Back
Top Bottom