Question I need to start fresh VAM directory, how do I port my favorites?

tonybard

Reactions
Is there any way to identify my favorites outside of the VAM application? The main issue is that I can't see the thumbnails outside of VAM and that's my only way of identifying them.

Better yet, are there any porting/selection tools that might work here?

If I really need to write down the names of every save I'll just let them burn haha.

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Favorites are .fav files and they're sprinkled all around your installation depending on the type of favorite.
  • favorites for files in AddonPackages are stored in the folder VAM\AddonPackagesFilePrefs
  • morph favorites are stored in VAM\Custom\Atom\Person\Morphs\female\favorites (and male, and female_genitalia, and male_genitalia)
  • preset favorites are stored in each correspoding preset types folder, e.g. VAM\Custom\Atom\Person\Appearance for Appearance Presets
  • local files that you've favorited in the file browser are stored wherever the file is located
  • ... probably missing some favorite types from this list. You get the idea.
The most efficient solution to transfer your favorites over to a new installation would probably be some script that scans .fav files everywhere in the old VAM folder and copies them to the new VAM folder.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom